Halloween's gonna ROCK.. or should I say metal?

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Hi. Halloween is a big holiday for me, because it is the only holiday where playing brutal metal loud through my window is permittable. Last year I played Dimmu Borgir, Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, and Death Cult Armageddon... and no, not the clean versions....

Anyway I was planning on playing this year:

- Emperor: Prometheus
- Bloodbath: Resurrection Through Carnage
- ??? I don't own or download new bloodbath yet.

So anyway I have a 2 hour period to fill, since that is all that Halloween lasts in my area. I think emperor + bloodbath RTC = an hour and 30 minutes.. So I have another 30 minutes to fill atleast. And since I don't own new bloodbath at all, I was wondering what you people think I should play? I have a ton of stuff downloaded and I own a lot of stuff... I was personally thinking something along the lines of Anaal Nathrakh - Domine Non Es Dignus... But I thought it might be a bit too much..

What do you guys think? I know this isn't really Opeth related cause I can't play Opeth on Halloween because they have too many mellow and not scary parts, but I might be able to play Wreath... :hotjump: That would take up what, 1/3 of the 30 minutes? lol.

Well anyway thanks for your suggestions, I'll check back later. I know a lot of people hate me but please try not to spam up this thread.... If people vote for the same thing more than once, I'll sort of write it down here as a poll and see what CD got the most votes. Thanks! :)

Interesting. It never occured to me that I should blast DM through my window on Halloween. Maybe I'll try it this year.

George said:
Try some Agalloch, not brutal but who says scary=brutal?
Yeah I'd probably use Elend myself.

R0l0 said:
Interesting. It never occured to me that I should blast DM through my window on Halloween. Maybe I'll try it this year.

Yeah I'd probably use Elend myself.
I got Winds Devouring Men no too long ago. Do all their albums sound like this one, or different? If so, which should I BUY (not steal) next?

ramses said:
I got Winds Devouring Men no too long ago. Do all their albums sound like this one, or different? If so, which should I BUY (not steal) next?
Heh I don't know because I only stole :erk: one of the albums myself(Les Tenebres Du Dehors). Need to buy it + others one of these days because it's really good music despite that I don't listen to it very often.
But anyways this album is pretty slow and very symphonic, with gothic female singing and death type growls here and there(though there's no metal elements in it besides that). It's sort of reminiscent of music from early horror films or something... but better. I'd say it's the most depressing music I've ever heard, it really drains you if you listen to it in the dark. I hear their other albums have similar effects on you...

I admit its a bit early, but who cares.... I figure it will take atleast until halloween to get a coherent response out of forum members... Did you ever stop to think, hmmm... maybe this guy lives in an obscure area where it's very difficult to purchase metal cds? Now come on guys, I'd appreciate some real input.... I can't use bittorent or anything and I doubt I'd be able to find whatever you guys say, especially not elend.... that band is pretty esoteric.

Oinkness said:
I admit its a bit early, but who cares.... I figure it will take atleast until halloween to get a coherent response out of forum members...
:lol: that was awesome.

i just blast Opeth and other metal because i can. but i do it anyway...

every tour that comes through my college (parents and kids applying) comes right the fuck past my fucking door...fortunately it's a really small school and it's only a couple times every weekend, but sometimes they wake me up because they're fucking loud. so to retaliate if i see them coming i open my door and blast carcass, bloodbath, nile, whatever's handy.

haha that's pretty sweet, matt.

anyone not into metal music that are exposed to it, act as if they were just thrown into a fire, being burned alive, and cannot believe anyone can listen to this, it's funny.

^ :lol: so true, I remember the first time I started listening to black sabbath I thought it was really dark and heavy.... metal is such an acquired taste haha

cthulufhtagn said:
every tour that comes through my college (parents and kids applying) comes right the fuck past my fucking door...fortunately it's a really small school and it's only a couple times every weekend, but sometimes they wake me up because they're fucking loud. so to retaliate if i see them coming i open my door and blast carcass, bloodbath, nile, whatever's handy.

i understand that perfectly, i live a few houses away from a primary school, and parents always fucking park over our driveway when theyre picking up their too-fucking-lazy-to-walk-around-the-goddamn-corner kids from school, and some even leave the car so when i back out trying to go to work im trapped, ive abused a few people before, but being the morons they are, some seem to continually do it, even with several rounds of abuse from me, so one day i put the surround sound stereo and mini system out the window and started playing Live Cannibalism on full volume towards the street, it was so so funny when a lady walking past came up to my door and told me she didnt appreciate hearing 'this next one is called I WILLLLLLLL KILLLLL YOU' coming out the window, i noticed this was one of the harlets that had been parking over the drive, so i said im sorry walked over to the stereo and put on the next song, turned up the volume a little and said is this better? just as he goes 'THIS NEXT SONG GOES OUT TO ALL THE FUCKING WOMEN OUT THERE, ITS FROM THE BLEEDING FUCKKKED WITH A KNIIIFE", the look on her face made my day - yeah i know, im an asshole, but goddam was that satisfying