Halo Guitars?

Every band in Cleveland is 'endorsed' by them lol.....

They aren't that great, weird designs and mediocre build quality(think $300 Schecter, Dean, LTD, etc)

Last I heard their endorsement deals are only like 20% off of list, so it's pretty much gonna only be a bit less than what a store would sell them for.

But hey, if they wanna give em out for free, then go for it!

Edit- Just checked out thier site, seems like the design and quality levels have gone up over the past few years....

I do know that they are one of the few guitar companies that SPAM for artists on myspace. A friend of mine's band is "endorsed" by them and they wouldn'nt even play them live or otherwise. Maybe their quality has stepped up, but seeing as how they're still trolling myspace looking for artists, what does that really say. Another company that does that is Basson. My band has recieved messages from both numerous times.

Every band in Cleveland is 'endorsed' by them lol.....

They aren't that great, weird designs and mediocre build quality(think $300 Schecter, Dean, LTD, etc)

Last I heard their endorsement deals are only like 20% off of list, so it's pretty much gonna only be a bit less than what a store would sell them for.

But hey, if they wanna give em out for free, then go for it!

Edit- Just checked out thier site, seems like the design and quality levels have gone up over the past few years....

+1

It's pretty much a scam. They say, "Check out our great $1000 instruments! But we'll endorse you, and you can buy them for $500." But they're really only worth $300. They get you all excited about being endorsed, "oh wow cool we're a big band now!" And then they use that to sell you shitty guitars.

It's pretty much a scam. They say, "Check out our great $1000 instruments! But we'll endorse you, and you can buy them for $500." But they're really only worth $300. They get you all excited about being endorsed, "oh wow cool we're a big band now!" And then they use that to sell you shitty guitars.

Exactly, it's a marketing ploy.

I wouldn't get anything from them. I remember when some people in Sevenstring.org got customs from them and were really disappointed. The guitars were built like shit and had really weird design flaws, such as one guitar which had no string ferrules so you couldn't install strings into it unless you completely removed the bridge. Then getting the stuff fixed was really problematic, I think most of the people who got them had to get them fixed somewhere else and pay for all of that themselves.

hmmmm.
This definitely looks really sketchy
haha
I wish Schecter made a neck through guitar with floyd and emgs!
That halo guitar in the link looks pretty sick though :kickass:
If only it sounded and played as good as it looks!
haha

Why specifically Neck-Thru? Schecter's Set Necks are really fucking close to a Neck Thru as far as looks and feel/access.

I've seen these guitars up close at a metal fest we were part of, and Halo had a display about a year ago. I'd put any of the guitars they had there at the level of an LTD 50 series at best, regardless of the Halo's MSRP.

haha back when i was in my first band these guys contacted us bout an endorsement saying they liked our music bla bla bla that was back in 05. the kicker is we didnt have any music on the myspace at that point lol.

just my 2 cents

^ hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahaaaaaha........ I'm not done..... hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahaha

That thing is a fucking tragedy.

Joe