Hamferð, doom metal from the Faroe Islands

B36arin

Dec 1, 2008
I felt like sharing my band with you guys. We're called Hamferð, and are from the Faroe Islands. We're the first and only band to have every played doom metal here. A few days ago we actually won the title as "best new band in the Faroes in 2010", which I still can't get my head around :lol:

We released our debut(EP length) a few weeks ago, I produced it, the guitars were reamped by lolzgreg(who did an AWESOME job), and it was mastered by Peter in De Betou. It's a bit different from most of the stuff that gets posted here, I hope that you like it.

http://www.myspace.com/hamferd

Ohhh I love the Faroes, very interesting language also. Your stuff sounds really awesome!

What does the title mean? Something about "xxxx your last xxxx"? I can't find any dictionaries online (none that can translate any of the words on the title)

I love it. I loved reamping it too :)

Can you send me a high quality version of Vrian so I can put it on my studio page as an example of my reamping?

Cheers,

-Greg

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it!

The title means "Lost is the last footstep...", it's pretty hard to translate properly without it sounding strange. Our first cover idea was to have a silhouette of a girl standing on the edge of a cliff, but that never worked out for some reason...

112 kr is 15 euros, but that's the wrong price. I'm going down to the label today to get them to fix it, it should be closer to 10. I'll let you know if anybody's interested in buying the album. It should also be on iTunes soon(should already be, but there have been some troubles), but it's obviously a different experience to have the CD in your hands.

Greg, I mailed you a copy of the album a week ago, it should be arriving soon! I can send you a .wav file later tonight, I don't have time to upload it right now.

The album price has been updated, it can be bought here for 82 DKK, which corresponds to 11 euros. I don't know how much the shipping is.

Thanks for the comment about the sound! There are a few cockups here and there, this is the first thing I've ever released properly that I've produced, but generally I'm quite happy with how the spectral balance turned out. A large part of that is obviously down to working with Greg and Peter, it was amazing to work with such talented people.

The choir sound in the beginning of "Harra Guð, títt dýra navn og æra" is actually Logic's built in choir sound, I think that I worked from the church choir preset. I forgot my external hard drive at the studio where I last worked, so I can't go in and check right now, but if I remember correctly it's just that choir with some reverb and EQ and a sine wave added underneath to get some sub action going.

Hahaha that's awesome! I will! Were you by any chance in the band that made the song Wormface? :lol: