Hamferð, doom metal from the Faroe Islands

Thanks a lot!

Willamn, cool! I remember that he showed me some of your pretty early stuff without vocals, and I remember that it was pretty awesome! Does Gargoyle still exist?

That's done me right over mate - nice one. This is very unique... Is the Faroe Islands the place to be for this monster? You need to get your band over to London dude! I'll definitely be picking this up at some point.

EDIT: Just ordered a copy. Can't wait to listen to the whole thing!

Cheers, thanks a lot! I'd absolutely love to get Hamferð over to London, hopefully it will be possible in a few years. Right now it's a bit unrealistic though. I hope you like the album!

I will be posting a few live clips soon, we recorded a show last Friday with sound from the FOH desk and two cameras. I haven't seen it yet, I hope the recording is decent enough.

I felt like sharing my band with you guys. We're called Hamferð, and are from the Faroe Islands. We're the first and only band to have every played doom metal here. A few days ago we actually won the title as "best new band in the Faroes in 2010", which I still can't get my head around :lol:

We released our debut(EP length) a few weeks ago, I produced it, the guitars were reamped by lolzgreg(who did an AWESOME job), and it was mastered by Peter in De Betou. It's a bit different from most of the stuff that gets posted here, I hope that you like it.

http://www.myspace.com/hamferd

This is AWESOME. :worship:

Another bump here, we've just officially announced our first ever gig outside the country, at the Eistnaflug festival in Icelandhttp://www.eistnaflug.is, with awesome bands like Sólstafir, Triptykon and Skálmöld!

We're heading into the studio as well in a few weeks to record two old songs. I'm pretty happy with how the EP/album turned out, but we're taking a pretty different approach this time. We're going for 100% natural drums, and a much more raw and aggressive production. I've been wanting to take the approach for a long time, and this time I'll have the chance to experiment without too much pressure. We've found an awesome drum room(50 metres from my house, haha), I'm gonna borrow a few SSL preamps and hopefully a few APIs too, so I'm going to go all out and hopefully get the best drum sound I've ever recorded. If it turns out well you can expect samples! I absolutely LOVED lolzgreg's reamping on our EP, but seeing as I have a new Triple Recto and new tubes are arriving next week I'm giving this a go myself :) Can't wait!

Bump!

We played a show in the cathedral of Tórshavn in January, here's a video from the show:

It was a fantastic experience!

We've also finished recording our new album which will be released later this year. I produced it.

Edit: This should be moved to the bar section, could a mod please do it? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump!

We played a show in the cathedral of Tórshavn in January, here's a video from the show:

It was a fantastic experience!

We've also finished recording our new album which will be released later this year. I produced it.

Edit: This should be moved to the bar section, could a mod please do it? :)

Awesome dude!!! The church fits the mood of the music just super! And btw please let me mix the album :D hahah GL!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The album is already mastered and ready for release :) I mixed it myself, I got it mastered by Tony Lindgren at Fascination Street who I can warmly recommend! I also got Greg(lolzgreg) to reamp the guitars for me to get a fresh perspective to the mix, turned out great! I've been considering giving the mix process to someone else though. It's a very heavy process as I write a large part of the music and record it as well.