My band Hamferð recorded a video during the total eclipse

Can't help much with the video, it wasn't done by me and I know very little about video. But I can share how I did the audio.

We had my laptop and a Digi 002 running on the back seat of our car, powered by a car battery hooked up to a 12v->230v transformer. We recorded guitar DIs and the vocal mic. I then reamped the guitars through a Triple Recto clean patch in my Kemper when I got back to the studio. It was quite windy out there, so I had to high pass the vocal quite drastically to get rid of a large chunk of wind noise. We used in-ear monitors. We also recorded live atmos with a zoom, but it sounded like crap so I added a little bit of pre-recorded stereo atmosphere in the mix which helped quite a bit :)

It was quite windy out there, so I had to high pass the vocal quite drastically to get rid of a large chunk of wind noise. We used in-ear monitors. We also recorded live atmos with a zoom, but it sounded like crap so I added a little bit of pre-recorded stereo atmosphere in the mix which helped quite a bit :)

The wind in the microphone was the best part. No joke.