Hamferð(my band) touring with Týr, Moonsorrow and Crimfall

B36arin

Dec 1, 2008
Alright guys, I'm off on my first European tour with my band Hamferð(http://www.myspace.com/hamferd). We've gigged a lot in The Faroes and Iceland the last 18 months but we've never been to the European mainland. We're going to be supporting Týr, Moonsorrow and Crimfall and I can't wait! We're leaving The Faroe Islands tomorrow, the first gig is in Ludwigsburg, Germany, on the 16th of November. We're going to be playing the following dates:

16.11.2011 Ludwigsburg(DE) @ RoFa
17.11.2011 Vosselaar(BE) @ Biebob
18.11.2011 Lindau(DE) @ Vaudeville
19.11.2011 Dietikon/Zürich(CH) @ SoundDock 14
20.11.2011 Monthey(CH) @ Pont-Rouge
21.11.2011 Colmar(FR) @ Le Grillen
23.11.2011 Toulouse(FR) @ Le Ramier
24.11.2011 Madrid(ES) @ Sala Caracol
25.11.2011 Barcelona(ES) @ Sala Razzmatazz 2
26.11.2011 Bilbao(ES) @ Sala Santana 27
27.11.2011 Montpellier(FR) @ Secret Place
29.11.2011 Romagnano Sesio (Novara) (IT) @ R’n’R Arena
30.11.2011 Bologna(IT) @ Sottotetto
01.12.2011 Ljubljana(SL) @ Menza Pri Korituphoto

I'd love to meet up with people off the forum and talk audio production/drink if anyone is going to any of the gigs. :)

298350_10150380648123119_164261863118_8011147_1760389354_n.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance, but does that BOMB on the end of the name of your band is pronounced like a "D"?

ð or Ð is actually not pronounced in the Faroese language. It's purely a grammatical thing. It's pronounced "th"(it's the closest I can get) in Icelandic though.

I bought the EP. Vrain is an unreal track, I love it. Shame you're not coming to the UK but all the best on your tour anyway!

Cheers! :) Vráin is by far my favourite track, good choice! We'd love to come to the UK, we have a few connections over there, but the booking for this tour was out of our hands. We still haven't played in Denmark either, which is really strange for a Faroese band that's going on a European tour :)

Your band is great, I have listened to the ep a bunch of times. I love the fact that you sing in Faroese, which is a language I find very interesting and I'm willing to learn some day.

I remember Secret Place having very good food. No showers, but a hose in the backyard that some of us put to good use after the gig!
(This was in 2008)

The beer there sobered our guys up! Once they figured out how to open the bottles.. :D

Good luck!

I don't know what the weather is like in Southern Europe in November, but I doubt that we'll voluntarily get hosed down outside :lol: Lasse, it's actually Pól from Synarchy(the guitarist who stayed home during the Synarchy album recording) who is driving us.

No money at all, would go to your show on thursday in Ludwigsburg, but I still have to wait to
get a job, sorry, but if you need someone who shoots some pics for a ticket, hit me up (nudes
included) ;)

Cheers Theodor :)

Come to the US. My bandmates loved the EP. Everything is so genuine about it, which makes it more enjoyable to listen to than 90% of music these days.

ah damn dude, your part of the tour stops one day too early for me :lol:
Theres a good chance I'll be there cause my GF is into Tyr a lot.