Hand Of One...

HippieOfDoom

The 13th Monkey
Feb 12, 2002
Golden State
www.stevedigiorgio.com
Hey, where'd you get the bass and drum tape of Human? I've heard there's actually two versions out there, one from the rough mix and one from before I fixed a lot of mistakes. I remember a lot of killer bud going around during those sessions and I can remember some really wack bass lines and some bad ones too before I went in there and repaired them.
I'd really like to hear this tape it's been over a decade since those hot days in Tampa...

i have one aswell. i dont know if its the fixed copy, but some of the lines are kinda crazy and very very busy. i cant tell if its the fixed one , because the bass is so low in the mix on HUMAN. unfortunately the mix on INDIVIDAUL was kinda low in the mix aswell.

yo steve ...i do not have a tape...and im perplexed at why u would think i do ....cause it took me by surprise and at first i didnt think u were asking me..but i dont see anyone else with this name..and the only thing i can think of is maybe you misinterpreted something i said or possibly put the wrong name in the topic .....looks like u may have found one tho ....so it wasnt a total loss .....anyway ......i laughed my ass off.. because im doing what you did a decade ago smoking killer bud making wacky music with my band ..and feeling my flesh slowly cook during the day

Originally posted by voice of treason
i have one aswell. i dont know if its the fixed copy, but some of the lines are kinda crazy and very very busy. i cant tell if its the fixed one , because the bass is so low in the mix on HUMAN. unfortunately the mix on INDIVIDAUL was kinda low in the mix aswell.

Hey dude!! That's great!!

Is there how to put it online for all of the Steve D's fans??

I've heard it, and besides being able to hear what was mixed over, it's just a young stoned Ric bass player being young and stoned, and playing a Ric.

But man...I could use one of those tapes from Individual Thought Patterns...trying to tab what the hell I played on those songs isn't as easy as I thought. But I'll get it, just have to sift through all the dusty cob webs and remember...

Note to bassists: chart your stuff out. If you end up doing a lot of session work - especially on short notice - you'll need a way to remember the stuff years down the road.

Originally posted by HippieOfDoom
But man...I could use one of those tapes from Individual Thought Patterns...trying to tab what the hell I played on those songs isn't as easy as I thought..

I like where this is going...
Steve,your avatar,I'm guessing thats a favourite album of yours.Could you explain what instruments are involved?
I'm buying some stuff off CDnow on Thursday and I'd like to get some complex stuff.All I have so far is Spiral Architect,some Allen Holdsworth and Spastic Ink...This fusion-esque territory is new to me.
Any help Hippy sir?
Eamonn

I know the bass line to "Destiny" pretty much. It's a combination of 3 peoples own listening skills (me and two others, I used some of the rythym parts he learned for guitar in some parts.) I was going to put it on the Death page "empty words." When I'm done but you can take a look at it if you think it might help (the other two were guitar teacher friends of mine.) I can understand what you're saying though I learned it back in high school but that was only 4 yrs ago.

I'm going to try and tab that right now actually if you do want it before there next update (they might not even post it but I think it's very close) just ask.

I thought that avatar was gone, I don't see it anymore anyway. But if it's the one I think it is, it's Steve Coleman and Five Elements - Black Science. Dude, I don't know if you can handle this one. It's a bit more to the experimental side of fusion. Well let me see...Coleman is a sax player, there's piano, synth guitar, bass and drums...a couple songs have vocal parts (on this album anyways). It's not for the unexperienced. But if you feel brave...give it a go...!

Originally posted by HippieOfDoom
I thought that avatar was gone, I don't see it anymore anyway. But if it's the one I think it is, it's Steve Coleman and Five Elements - Black Science. Dude, I don't know if you can handle this one. It's a bit more to the experimental side of fusion. Well let me see...Coleman is a sax player, there's piano, synth guitar, bass and drums...a couple songs have vocal parts (on this album anyways). It's not for the unexperienced. But if you feel brave...give it a go...!

Haha.I'm going to dive right in and pick up that...Uhh...Mutha.
Besides,I have quite a bit of freejazz and nothing can be more painful to the ear then that.
Well,besides John Zorn...
Anyway,thanks.Its on the list.

Well if you're going to go getting into my man Steve Coleman on his web site. Then after you get Black Science, get Drop Kick. The earlier albums he has are more free jazz, I think, and the ones after those two are weird, good in a way - but weird. Kind of mathematical meets Zulu.