Happy 4th to everyone!

beowulf1969

Aug 21, 2011
Happy 4th to everyone, and to the guys in the band! Nick, I hope all is going well in the process of getting this highly anticipated live album out to the masses!

May everyone be safe and have a wonderful and long weekend!!!

Yeah, makes me wish i could've afforded to donate more to the campaign. As it is, i am still getting a copy of the DVD signed by everyone. That's still pretty damned cool, if you ask me!

And two updates in such a short span of time; i'm getting excited!!!!

You guys here get a special off-the-record update. :)

Citing Pro Tools problems -- dating back to the delays related to Crimson Glory's Astronomica CD -- is the modern day equivalent of "the dog ate my homework." Yet it happens.

When we recorded Origins, the hard drive that I sent to Tommy Newton in Germany to get set up wouldn't mount. I remember being in Germany with Tommy and having a friend essentially break into my house and take my computer to his place and upload stuff to a server so we were downloading (which took all night) one song at a time and mixing while the other stuff was downloading. Ugh.

When we recorded Mortal Coil, everything that could possibly go wrong did...including a lightning strike that knocked out power at the studio in Chicago where our producer was "re-amping" my guitar leads.

Now that I think about it, I had a hard drive failure many years ago that led me to have to rewrite most of what became Fullness of Time.

And now, there are version control issues between the version that I use (10) and the version that our mixing engineer is using.

We've got them beat but Bill is booked for a little bit here so progress will not be as fast as I'd like, but we should still get the mix done by the end of the month.

Be well, everybody!

Nick,

Thanks so much for the update! I know we are all just chomping at the bit for this live album, since it will be the closest i'll get to seeing you guys live since I was lucky enough to see you open for Dream Theater. I know it will be stupendous. We wish you the best of luck with everything, and I know it will all be worth it in the end!