Happy Birthday

Yup, well I know that, supposedly, but they neither sound nor look like it. There are some who don't sound like it, who at least look like it; but to me, Einherjer do neither! -Just some lyrics, I guess.

well, they sounded pretty vikingish in the Odin Owns Ye All days... that is what I think anyway... but the newest album is the one that is least vikingey... and well, as Enslaved have sed: it is not the music that makes us viking metal, it is mostly the lyrics... 'cuz what kind of music did the vikings have? they had maybe some simple drums and vocals...
and that is why they made the kvad on the newest album... 'cuz that is more vikingey then any other music...

Originally posted by HellSpawn
well, they sounded pretty vikingish in the Odin Owns Ye All days... that is what I think anyway... but the newest album is the one that is least vikingey... and well, as Enslaved have sed: it is not the music that makes us viking metal, it is mostly the lyrics... 'cuz what kind of music did the vikings have? they had maybe some simple drums and vocals...
and that is why they made the kvad on the newest album... 'cuz that is more vikingey then any other music...

:D Like Sigmundskvadet on Monumension!! I LOVE that song :D Those really dark voices humming in the back.... and that beautiful male voice singing the verses..... and the drums..... *sigh* I could marry that song!! :p :lol:

Originally posted by HellSpawn

So, you read Scream as well?! >:eek:P Hehe....

Hehe, Scream; that reminds me of "hehe". In all interviews, it's always "hehe". :lol: Great magazine, that one ;)

This thread had gone veeery long down on the list now. A shame, 'cause we should never stop the partying!

dance2.gif

drinka.gif

Yes :) I love many bands that don't necessarily resemble "viking music patterns" in their musical style, but "Viking" lyrics :) Like Amon Amarth :headbang:

Good to see the quality of discussions in here is still at top! ;)

edit: Yeah, Sigmundskvadet is a truly amazing song!! Love it!!!! The rest of Monumension is also great, I don't get it why I had to read so often how bad this album is :confused:

Thouight about the same. But in the booklet, it says that the whole version af the choas star diagram can be found at their homepage. BUT: I have not found anything. It seems as a very interesting ritual indeed, but it's impossible to do it without knowing any more about it that it says ithe booklet. Also I wonder; is it made by Ivar or Grutle (or one of the other guys in the band), or is it old??

I must get myself a book about runes, and how to use them. Anyone know of a good one? Was planning to look for one tomorrow; hope I'll find a good one. I'm buying lots of books tomorrow. :D

Hmmm, I just had a good book about the general magical meaning of runes/ inverted runes and SOME rituals / magick... wonder if I can get it again from my brother :) I'll let you know what it's called, but it was pretty thorough!

We talking about viking metal? Can someone tell me more about Falkenbach. I heard some samples what I really like but it seems he has no homepage. Now I don't know nothing about him. (or is it a band?)

Originally posted by AnsuzAstral
Hmmm, I just had a good book about the general magical meaning of runes/ inverted runes and SOME rituals / magick... wonder if I can get it again from my brother :) I'll let you know what it's called, but it was pretty thorough!

That'd be nice :)