Happy Easter !!!

SilentRealm said:
Its funny to me that you guys only get the cadbury egg at Easter time, and no other Cadbury chocolate really other than that as far as I know. In Aus the cadbury creme egg is always around, and cadbury is our main chocolate range really (we have nestle too, but different chocolate formula to the states). In that sense I am grateful to live in Australia, when I was in the states I had to go off chocolate coz I bloody hate that Hersheys shit you guys have. At least you have some salvation in that you still have Toblerone.

I'm spending my Easter doing Uni essays :) ( 1 down 5 more to go before end of semester! yay me :( )

Hmmm.... I am not much on sweets really, but I do like fine chocolates (especially dark chocolates) and we have a fair selection over here of that. One thing I do like at Easter time (aside from spednding time with my family are those "Robin Eggs." The candy coated, chocolate covered malted milk eggs made by "Whoppers." I bought a bag for my Son and he had about three of them. I had the rest. Ha ha ha, but before you strike me as a mean Daddy, he is only one years old, so his candy intake is pretty restricted.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hmmm.... I am not much on sweets really, but I do like fine chocolates (especially dark chocolates) and we have a fair selection over here of that. One thing I do like at Easter time (aside from spednding time with my family are those "Robin Eggs." The candy coated, chocolate covered malted milk eggs made by "Whoppers." I bought a bag for my Son and he had about three of them. I had the rest. Ha ha ha, but before you strike me as a mean Daddy, he is only one years old, so his candy intake is pretty restricted.

lol, I bought a big Cadbury easter egg (not a creme egg, a normal one) for my 5yr old and he tried at first to give it away to the neighbours.. I'm like 'Josh! No! You eat it! Its for you!'..so the little shit went and threw it in the bin! I was furious! Then he wanted MY chocolate! grr lol.

I can get Cadbury chocolate bars, and things of that nature everywhere around me (I live in Canada). The eggs do only make an appearance around easter though :(

I have always found that Cadbury has the best tasting chocolate in comparison to Hershey and Nestle.

_Gentleman of_the Snow_ said:
I can get Cadbury chocolate bars, and things of that nature everywhere around me (I live in Canada). The eggs do only make an appearance around easter though :(

I have always found that Cadbury has the best tasting chocolate in comparison to Hershey and Nestle.

What really pissed me off was when Nestle started making Smarties. They just don't taste the same to me. I eat the purple ones last, not the red ones.

I happen to be partial to Godiva.

Any import chocolate that has the word hazelnut, nougat or truffle is just too awesome. When I went to N-Z I tried Whittaker's Hazelnut Slabs and I would do pretty much anything to get some more :D:D:D:D:D:D.

MrFast said:
Any import chocolate that has the word hazelnut, nougat or truffle is just too awesome.

never had truffle, but about hazelnut and nougat, i feel the same.. hence why i love the toblerone so much (so it has almonds instead of hazelnut.. same yummy nutty goodness as far as im concerned)

SilentRealm said:
lol, I bought a big Cadbury easter egg (not a creme egg, a normal one) for my 5yr old and he tried at first to give it away to the neighbours.. I'm like 'Josh! No! You eat it! Its for you!'..so the little shit went and threw it in the bin! I was furious! Then he wanted MY chocolate! grr lol.

He threw away a BIG Cadbury egg? Quick! Get it out of the trash! I'll take it! :D

EDIT: Oh yeah. I forgot also about Lindt's chocolate. Mmmm. Sweedish chocolate. They have a store for the stuff in my local mall, and I stop in there every time I ever go. It's so good!!!!!!

When I went to Germany I was introduced to Ritter Sport. It's pretty good, they make a bar with whole hazelnuts (yum!) and one with corn flakes. It sounds weird but it just tastes like Crunch.

Toblerone is AWESOME. When I lived in Brussels in the '70's, we used to get them all the time and the world was a happy place. When we moved back stateside in '80, there was no Toblerone to be found anywhere. The world was no longer happy. But I finally started seeing Toblerone on the shelves here in Albuquerque about six years ago...

I was at Albertsons to get dinner fixings last night after work and walked by the Easter clearance aisle. They had the small Cadbury Creme Eggs on half price! Since I didn't get an egg this year, I picked up a batch. Woo hoo! Mini Eggs AND Creme Eggs this year. Rock!

MrFast said:
We only get Toblerones during Christmas season around here.

geez! sucks to be you! mind you, even here they seem to disappear off the shelves quickly and it can be hard to get.. but then something like easter, mothers day, fathers day will come and stores like Kmart or BigW will get in the MEGA sized toblerones.. the ones that are like about 1kg in weight! Dropped one of those on my foot once.. OUCH! pointy too! Yeah if I end up with one of those every so often, I eat nothing but toblerone till I'm sick!

ABQShredHead said:
Toblerone is AWESOME. When I lived in Brussels in the '70's, we used to get them all the time and the world was a happy place. When we moved back stateside in '80, there was no Toblerone to be found anywhere. The world was no longer happy. But I finally started seeing Toblerone on the shelves here in Albuquerque about six years ago...

what a nice happy story :) - :lol: