Happy New Year/News Update

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Happy New Year one and all! As we all know only too well, 2020 was a challenging year and hopefully by the end of 2021, we will be in a much better place. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Stay safe and stay at home. If you want to see live shows again then stay at home now. In the meantime, please remember that “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”. Any other course of action is just going to extend the duration of this pandemic and I, for one, am pretty sick of watching selfish, entitled people carry on with no regard for the greater good.

Due to the different rules relating to the Pandemic in the various countries that make up the UK, and having a member of the band based overseas, we haven’t actually met as a band since the last show in November 2019 and I can’t honestly see that changing in the next few months either I’m sorry to say.

It was 20 years ago today...

It’s hard to believe that on January 20th 2001 myself and Steve Scott kicked Power Quest into life, shortly to be joined by Dr Adam Bickers. 20 years man! All those train journeys to London every couple of weeks to rehearse, many times also including Sam Totman, and write the material that would become the Wings of Forever album. Halcyon days indeed! The original Panic rehearsal rooms in North Acton were where we mainly rehearsed. I recall we even started getting some ideas for the Neverworld album together then as well, long before WOF was released. Edge of Time specifically springs to mind here.

It’s been a hell of a ride with many ups and downs along the way as many of you will know but I think back to when I was a 14-year-old kid dreaming of being in a metal band and making records back in 1985. PQ may not have been the biggest commercial success in the world but if I could go back and tell the 14-year-old me that eventually there would be 6 PQ albums, 2 EC albums and live shows as far afield as Japan and the US…..I think the 14-year-old me probably would have thought that was incredible.