Tour News/update

Volcane

Power Quest
Feb 16, 2003
www.progpoweruk.com
As Steve & Co probably won't be near a PC until after Bloodstock, I thought I'd give a little run down of what's been happening:

TUES 26th BRISTOL (Full Moon)

An OK turnout, but a good atmosphere nontheless.

PQ opened up proceedings with a great set - despite the single guitarist and stand in drummer situation. I managed to catch the whole set this time, and really enjoyed it. I personally thought that the music didn't suffer for having just the single guitarist, and Andrea looked like he was having fun.

INTENSE fired through a quality set as well. Again I actually got to see more of the set this time, and knowing the songs a bit better, these guys were pretty cool. Some great guitar work especially. Tight as hell, with Ady's bass playing continuing to put me to shame...

We (Mercury Rain) closed out proceedings, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Crowd seemed to like us, and it's a shame we haven't got any more songs yet (working on that tho').

WEDS 27th BRADFORD (Market Tavern)

This is when things started to go down hill a little. I know it's only a couple of dates, but doing it under your own steam is tough work !

FourWayKill had transportation problems, and PQ... Well I'll let Steve W update you on their numerous problems. Suffice to say it was an interesting night, with no soundchecks, and running desparately late...

4WK delivered there own spectacular brand of 'aggro' metal in place of INTENSE, and hopefully the 'select' crowd enjoyed the show from all three bands :)

Thanks to Sean & The INTENSE lads, Chris and the FourWayKill mob, Steve and the PQ chaps, all the people who helped - The sound guys at Camden, Nestor at the Full Moon, and Dave at the Tavern.

All the best to PQ and Soliloquy for tonight, and we'll see everyone at Bloodstock !!

Jon & MR

Cheers for the update! It seems that anything that could go wrong for PQ has done but full credit to them for putting on a show. A few days down the line and I am still smiling after the London gig - 3 great bands, more power to you :)
Keep it live, keep it loud.

Yes life on the road can be very interesting eh Jon ???? ha ha :p
Really enjoyed the 2 nights of shows and was a bit gutted that we couldn't do Bradford. I think everyone got on fairly well and the three different styles within the power metal genre fitted well to make a decent show.
Thanks to Jon and the MR crowd for their efforts and the same to Steve W and the PQ guys...(the italian guys cracked me up..great fun) ...excellent stuff and i hope both of you kick ass at Bloodstock.
I'll be up there around 4 on saturday (due to work commitments groan) with Emma and will be partaking in a beer or 2 :kickass:

sean-intense said:
Yes life on the road can be very interesting eh Jon ???? ha ha :p
i hope both of you kick ass at Bloodstock.
I'll be up there around 4 on saturday (due to work commitments groan) with Emma and will be partaking in a beer or 2 :kickass:

Cheers Sean.

Yep - PQ have had more bad luck than you can shake a stick at. I hope tonight's crowd give them a good reception - they really deserve it. I'll definitely be there.

Catch you Saturday ! :kickass:

Bad luck? We'll we've certainly had a bit of that over the past week. What with Phil (Stand in guitarist) not turning up for the shows.....I'm not even going into that one any further....and some bastard breaking into one of our cars and nicking all our shirts (apart from 20) at the hotel car park in Bradford. Our replacement drummer Gav Ward though played a blinder....got better and better all week, culminating in a great show at Bloodstock.

We had a great time at all the shows beginning with London and Bristol with Mercury Rain and Intense. Really good turn out at the Underworld on Bank Holiday monday and Nick Cave was in attendance for that one! We had great fun and it really set us up for the rest of the week. The MR and Intense guys are all really cool and it felt like we had known these guys for a while. The Bristol show was also great fun despite a smallish crowd and a few problems in the soundcheck. The feedback we got from both these gigs was amazing.

On Wednesday we headed up to Bradford for a show with MR and FourWayKill. Again, a smallish turn out but despite no soundcheck the sound was actually pretty good and I thoroughly enjoyed the show there. Should mention the kindess of the other two bands who donated their earnings from the night to offset our stolen merchandise a little. What can you say? Best guys around!

On Thursday we arrived in Derby and played a warm up show with Soliloquy at the Vic Inn. Again, at the risk of repeating myself, we had a blast. Thanks to the Soliloquy guys for organising the event and for playing a really cool set of progressive metal. We met up with John (zinescene) from the USA at this show and Fret from the Isle of Man plus his girlfriend. another really great night and we made some more friends as well which is always great.

And then to Bloodstock........