happy new year stuff and such

marv_xmas.gif

Season's Greetingsss everyone. :wave:

@Wazoo: You missed two of the most important languages!!!

Spanish: Feliz año nuevo y que las galletas se os quemen en el horno.

Catalan: Bon any nou i feu bondat, canalla!

|ng. :err:

rahvin: you should probably make that special place a little (but just a little, mind you) bit less special. I can only presume my generally extremely brilliant musical taste makes it hard to believe I´ve missed any bands considered as being good. :Spin:

what are they like?

EDIT: I´m talking about the fact that I´ve never heard mesh...

whoopsie! i thought it was you. you should get a more recognizable avatar, bad boy! :p

mesh are synth-pop, from england. very good on mid-tempos, a slightly dark vein like depeche mode. check out firefly, people like me (with this gun), and especially the trouble we're in: possibly the best love ballad i've heard in the past two years. it will make you wish you have someone to dedicate it to.

rahvin: well, yes, I sure should. the only problem is that I don´t know what/which, and I don´t want to end up changing avatar twice every week or something...

oh, sounds promising. I´m still quite a novice when it comes to the whole synth/related scene, so there´s discoveries to be made behind every corner :dopey:

some downloading will take place as soon as I´ve a) removed something from my really, really overfull hard disk or b) bought a new computer.
anyway, it shouldn´t be too long before it actually does appear in my NP slot. ;)

rahvin said:
it will make you wish you have someone to dedicate it to.

hah, which is a phenomenon that might be the absolutely last thing I need more of for the moment. you will be held responsable for mental breakdowns and/or occasional wallowings in self-pity :rolleyes:

Delirious said:
hah, which is a phenomenon that might be the absolutely last thing I need more of for the moment. you will be held responsable for mental breakdowns and/or occasional wallowings in self-pity :rolleyes:
hey, mental breakdowns and/or occasional wallowings in self-pity is my middle-name! which should also explain why it takes a hell of a lot of time for me to get a new id. :p

but if you really really want to give someone the gift of her life and be a hopeless romantic try stoppa mig juni by kent. i've heard it today and i still want to cry like a fluffy baby penguin, mark me words. :)

oh, indeed. I got hagnesta hill only some months ago (which is total madness, since I´m a devoted kent fan) and I can still recall hearing the chorus of that very song for the first time. let´s just say that there are certain moments you wish you weren´t among people and therefore having to look entirely neutral despite the aforementioned fluffy penguin-instincts.

@delirious: it's happened the same to me, and i don't even understand the language... i'll try to take it tomorrow to my new year's eve party so everyone with some sensitivity can sink into desperation in time for the end of 2003. and i can properly wish... something. :)

well, what could be a better complement to fireworks and cheering people? :rolleyes: if you manage to get the entire song played without anyone complaining or accusing you of trying to ruin the party I´ll be impressed indeed. :)

a very crude translation, without any consideration of what sounds good whatsoever, from the chorus and to the end:

it´s tears, is it possible to cry like a man?
please forgive me, I forgot who I am
please stop listening, forget everything I said
I feel fine

you have to leave me alone
I don´t need any help
if you want to help - help yourself
I don´t need any help
so leave me alone
leave me alone

so if you´re planning to realize that "the gift of her life" thing you might want to make sure that the receiver is non-swedish speaking or there could be misunderstandings. :)

well, i admit that misunderstanding are possible, but still i'm sure you've noticed what the lines actually hint at... i mean, the poor guy is clearly too scared of digging a deeper hole to ask for help, and he doesn't really trust anyone to be able to heal his wounds. that's why he's so dramatic in telling potential helpers to shup. he wants to be proven wrong by someone who does the exact opposite of going away and helping herself. and aren't we all like that most of the time, through wounded pride or because of a desire not to fall into the same trap over again?

mh. it seems i still haven't recovered completely from hearing this song today for the first time... :rolleyes:

anyway, no gift of the romantic kind from me to anybody on new year's eve. like i said elsewhere: wrong party. a few friends and each of us carries his or her burden. but with this as background music it will probably be so manifest that what we want isn't there, that we might even end up convincing ourselves that it has to be somewhere else. ;)