Hard Rock Mix (10 Years Ripoff)

Madhouser

New Metal Member
Dec 4, 2013
I'm actually quite proud of this mix, considering the amount of time spent to achieve it was pretty much none. However, something is a bit...off. I'm thinking the bass? Any input would be amazing. Thanks!

Guitars - Guitar Rig 5
Drums - Studio Drummer (Garage Kit)
Bass - Bass

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good,I like the vibe you created.Fills on drum (toms and snare) sound a little bit robotic and cymbals are little to loud ,beside that kick&snare could be more present ,for bass guitar duplicate it and make distorted track to give it more presence.Butt overall it's :headbang:

Thanks for the feedback! I know what you mean about the fills, I'll work on them. The cymbals are going to come down too! Any suggestions on what type of distortion/eq for the cloned bass?

Well you could use regular distortion from daw you use,or some free vst amp simulation ,what I usually do is to eq low bass track from 40-200hz and distorted from 200-5k and tweak it until start to sound good.And maybe you could add some flanger or chorus to the bass.

Song has a cool vibe. The cymbals and hats sound very mono, try panning them, as it will help to open up both the drums and the mix. Cymbals and hats could also benefit from a little more top end. The guitars sound a little boxy. Try removing some of the low mids to see if that cleans them up a bit.