Hardware for Building a legitimate Electric Drum System

Oct 14, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Recently I had a band come by to record some stuff and though the programmed drums came out well, in the process they were complaining (sorta) about me lacking something playable. Heres my problem... First, I'm short on money I'd need for a studio that has good enough acoustic treatment, preamps, interface and stuff for a good drum recording. Next is space constraints, like I said theres not enough space in my performance/control room area for a drumset, and if I put it in the next room, the acoustics will suck (as said before). Also, I just bought sturgis symbals and SSD Platinum and want to take advantage of it. It seems to me (Not sure if im right) that Building a semi-pro electric drum set would be best for my budget (Pretty low budget :p)

Im gonna buy an Alesis Trigger iO, a Double-Bass and Hi-Hat pedal, dual zone pads.... But

Heres where im lost

How do I make the supporting stand for the pads and module? I am totally lost, googled it, searched it, and nothing. If anyone can help It would be really apreciated a LOT.

Why not buy a shitty drum kit and convert it. I converted my acoustic drumset to electric with less than a day of labor. With some basic soldering skills you can convert a full acoustic set to electric for a couple hundred bucks. I'm sure all the drummers you track would appreciate full size shells and cymbals