Harmony-Central

Iced In Flames

Shredderite
Jan 26, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
That place should have a prerequisite of knowing your gear before giving reviews.

I've been there for the past two hours or so reading reviews on pickups and other gear. And it is astonishing to see so many players that dont know gear.

For instace a guy wanted a Metallica Live Shit sound and he is playing a Peavy Predator so he spent over a hundred dollars for a pickup. Upgrading the guitar would solve all problems. Predators are good for starters but not much else.

Other people buy Les Paul Customs and throw away the pickups to buy a Duncan Distortion. thats fine, but then ya really dont get the idea of a Gibson.

People really should get to know their gear and how to use it effectively.

hey the cheat!

it's an open forum. it's actually pretty important to have so you can get impartial and unscreened reviews no matter how shit and uninformed.

it pays to learn the difference yourself. then you can decide which reviews are good and useful ones yourself.

The Cheat kicks ass. As does D, seen Bloodlust yet???

The only problem I have is people should just know what stuff does a bit more. It may help to dissuade people from other purchases it you just call it a peice of crap and dont know what it can do.

the cheat is not dead....oh no the cheat is not dead...the cheat is not dead...

just the claps!

and yes, most of those reviews are total bullshit from people that have no experience with gear at all. Effects are the worst because people try it for about 1 hour and decide it sucks without ever working with the rest of their equip to make it better. Or it doesn't give the sound they want so it sucks, or they don't know how to use an amp (like saying a 5150 doesn't have enough gain, or complaining about the clean) and saying it sucks. Thats why I never take the number ratings seriously and read through all the reviews, there are usually a few competent people that give you a good idea of what you are getting.

Dude I jsut downloaded that song!!! Just the claps! And I got Fhqwhgads too!

glad ya agree on that. Its bothering sometimes whenI want to check out new gear and all I see is people who dont really know anything about it slamming it.

yeh it's kind of annoying, but it's usually pretty clear from the review that they don't know what they're talking about! :lol:

haven't seen bloodlust actually!! :( i've got a list of 'anime to buy' which is a mile long at the moment and not enuogh damn cash!!

Iced In Flames said:
Its bothering sometimes whenI want to check out new gear and all I see is people who dont really know anything about it slamming it.

The forums are probably better than the reviews pages. The guys on the recording and Keys forums mostly all know their shit, and theres plenty of working professionals post there. Still, if you're after guitar stuff, it seems the kids run the rocknroll pages, so theyre worth taking with a pinch of salt.

However, I've found HC very useful.

veil the sky said:
yeh it's kind of annoying, but it's usually pretty clear from the review that they don't know what they're talking about! :lol:

haven't seen bloodlust actually!! :( i've got a list of 'anime to buy' which is a mile long at the moment and not enuogh damn cash!!
Its pretty sweet. A LOT darker than the first one. Better animation as well. Eric Peterson from Testament loves it I know. I wanna check out one caleld Jin-Roh next. I hear the story is awesome in it.