Harry Potter is a Racist

Silent Song said:
are you suggesting metal fans are inherently childish? that would provide a convenient excuse for your posts, but sadly i believe you've been proven wrong already by the tone of just about every other poster in this forum. we are all fans of metal in some sense, and we do not need to post childish jibes or sarcastic stupidity, IMO.

this is a serious board for serious discussion. if you want idiotic banter, NeverIsForever has already suggested SOT.

It is really very sad that you people take this place so seriously. Are you so socially inept that your only intellectual communication occurs here? Being a public message board, I will continue to post as long as I see fit. I have said and done nothing to get myself banned other than speak my mind. So, to all of you that have a problem with me, too bad. If the owner of the site thinks I have crossed a line somewhere, they can remove me. Until then, enjoy my posts :p

They are correct Zombi that this forum is no place for some of the stuff that gets tolerated in other areas of this site. If you want to post in this particular forum heed the rules that were established from the beginning please. Now much to ask.

ZoMb!M@N said:
now you see how seriously i take this place. it doesn't indicate from your screen name your gender or anything about you.
well your screen name indicates you're undead. so...

ZoMb!M@N said:
It is really very sad that you people take this place so seriously. Are you so socially inept that your only intellectual communication occurs here? Being a public message board, I will continue to post as long as I see fit. I have said and done nothing to get myself banned other than speak my mind. So, to all of you that have a problem with me, too bad. If the owner of the site thinks I have crossed a line somewhere, they can remove me. Until then, enjoy my posts :p
actually, i also post on the Orphaned Land, Symphony X, ProgPower, Nevermore, Dan Swanö, and until recently, Opeth, message boards.

whether your conduct is ban-worthy or not is up to Deron, and you need not guess his point of views, its in the READ FIRST thread in this very forum. if you can't follow the rules, he is within his power to remove you without discussion.

Silent Song said:
well your screen name indicates you're undead. so...

actually, i also post on the Orphaned Land, Symphony X, ProgPower, Nevermore, Dan Swanö, and until recently, Opeth, message boards.

whether your conduct is ban-worthy or not is up to Deron, and you need not guess his point of views, its in the READ FIRST thread in this very forum. if you can't follow the rules, he is within his power to remove you without discussion.

Your screen name indicates silence, so..... :loco:

Pointing out how many boards you post to is contradictive of you other posts preaching what a waste of time movies and TV are..... are you not sitting in a chair and wasting time when you post? I'm at work when I post, and my job requires me to sit 8 hours a day... what's your excuse?

Stop going on about screen names. Where's the point in that? You'll find that very few of them make much sense unless you're the person using that name, and they're not meant to give you someone's life story anyway. That's what user profiles are for, provided someone feels like sharing extra information about themselves.

ZoMb!M@N said:
are you not sitting in a chair and wasting time when you post?
I suppose it depends on your definition of "waste of time." I don't see intellectual discussion as a waste of time, ever, so posting in this forum is not a waste of time unless you're the person I'm trying to discuss something with :tickled:

But if you want my "excuse," I used to be on here all the time because I was at school and bored out of my mind. Now I'm here because the UM forums are a good way to kill time while I'm downloading music (since I have to be online anyway in order to do that...)

NeverIsForever said:
Stop going on about screen names. Where's the point in that? You'll find that very few of them make much sense unless you're the person using that name, and they're not meant to give you someone's life story anyway. That's what user profiles are for, provided someone feels like sharing extra information about themselves.

I suppose it depends on your definition of "waste of time." I don't see intellectual discussion as a waste of time, ever, so posting in this forum is not a waste of time unless you're the person I'm trying to discuss something with :tickled:

But if you want my "excuse," I used to be on here all the time because I was at school and bored out of my mind. Now I'm here because the UM forums are a good way to kill time while I'm downloading music (since I have to be online anyway in order to do that...)

YOU made the original comment about what my screen name may or may not mean, so perhaps you should "stop going on about" them.

As far as wasting time, I was simply pointing out that you are contradicting your own posts by sitting in front of a computer all day posting and downloading music. Where are these mountains you snowboard on or waves you surf on?

So, i'm gathering that you are out of school at the moment and have no job. Perhaps you should take this opportunity to seek employment and not further burden your parents over the summer. Have you graduated high school? Maybe you should be looking into college instead downloading music, hmm?

ZoMb!M@N said:
YOU made the original comment about what my screen name may or may not mean, so perhaps you should "stop going on about" them.
No, that was Silent Song, who commented that your screen name indicates you're undead after YOU complained that MY screen name doesn't tell you anything about me. In fact, you seem to have confused me with SS for the majority of your post, maybe because I agree with everything he's told you thus far. Might help to read who posted what you're replying to...maybe...

So, i'm gathering that you are out of school at the moment and have no job. Perhaps you should take this opportunity to seek employment and not further burden your parents over the summer. Have you graduated high school? Maybe you should be looking into college instead downloading music, hmm?
Please stop making assumptions about me. It only makes you look stupid. Right now I work 40 hours a week, thanks. Seeing as how I'm only 17, I'm sure that's more than sufficient. I've had my job for the last 15 months, by the way.

And yes, I'm out of high school. On the subject of college, I graduated this past June with something like a 4.28 GPA, and I'm going to UC San Diego this coming fall. Still think I'm a lazy, freeloading slacker?

to lay the name thing to rest: my name signifies my reverence for the negative space in music as in life, that which is background, that which exists between words and between notes. that which we call meaning, understanding. sometimes the best part of a song is the silence in between sound.

and yes, drop the assumptions. my post regarding your username was in rebuke to yours regarding NeverIsForever's. you can't tell by her name if she is male or female, no more than i can find any meaning from your "zombie". so why judge pre-emptively?

you then say i contradict myself by discussing on the internet vs watching tv. when was the last time you had an interesting debate with your TV? where television is one sided, the internet is just another means of communication and interaction. it provides a gateway to people and information such that TV never can, because TV never stops to listen. TV just spams you with a great deal of bullshit, and all you can do is change the flavor. so no, there is no contradiction here. i am using my time more productively than watching TV.

where are the mountains i surf/ride etc. well in case you never noticed, its August. that means no snow. i surfed on sunday about an hour east of my current location, and skateboard daily. but then again, this is none of your business to begin with. what are YOU doing sitting in front of a computer condemning me for doing the same? you tried to accuse me of debating philosophy on a metal board, so i brought to light that my purpose here is metal. i like to discuss my favorite bands. that Deron has given us a philosophy forum to take the more sensitive, heated, or serious topics, is just a nice bonus for me. this is not my sole purpose here, but then again, that also is none of your business. :Spin: