Harvest on guitar

^for me the problem is that i never found the right tab and never bothered to figure it out by myself :D
btw, Opeth should record the new version of Harvest, the pschychedelic one they played on melloboat

There's not real difficulty I guess.. you just have to be able to play chords with all strings together and you overally got it. And you have to find out some chords that tabs won't necesserly give you. The solo is nothing exceptionnal. The rest is just repetition. Try it, and if you're able to play it totally, then consider that you're not too bad at playing chords.

^for me the problem is that i never found the right tab and never bothered to figure it out by myself :D
btw, Opeth should record the new version of Harvest, the pschychedelic one they played on melloboat

oh yeah, i had totally forgotten about that version!

oh yeah, i had totally forgotten about that version!

That version is fucking awesome. Has anyone seen a version of it that is longer than 1:29 minutes (thats the only one on youtube)? I still to this day wonder why they did it only that one time.

The song itself really isn't hard to play, but the repetitiveness of the barre chords almost numbs my thumb muscle.

The song itself really isn't hard to play, but the repetitiveness of the barre chords almost numbs my thumb muscle.

I know what you mean, man. I always have to keep trying to reposition it to be able to keep applying pressure. It seems odd to me because I've been playing video games for years now and I thought I had built up my "gaming muscle", haha.

That version is fucking awesome. Has anyone seen a version of it that is longer than 1:29 minutes (thats the only one on youtube)? I still to this day wonder why they did it only that one time.

Yeah I second that too. Playing barre chords for too long can really be painful. Especially on an acoustic.

^no it is not, and keep this annoying attitude, and we hope your mirror image will band you one-day..

I think this tab is as close as you're gonna get.

Yes, it's hard to play barre chords and though I mastered them a long time ago, I have to second or third the fact that they can become very painful after a while. If you are inexperienced with them, Harvest might seem hard, but on the bright side: it is the perfect song to learn barre chords.