Harvest for Wedding

Dammnare

Feb 16, 2008
Might be a funny idea but I am planning to play Harvest while we're dancing with my future bride ( I hope :) ) so what do you think are there any other Opeth songs that we can fit in this category ? ( Thinking about Ending Credits too btw )

Not trying to mainstream Opeth here btw...I think the song fits to a wedding ritual where you made a pact, which can be inferred in the concept of lyrics...also the song is absolutely fantastic.

Be real and put To Bid You Farewell, or kill the bride and play The Lepper Affinity...

Really, i don't see either of those two (IMTON and Harvest) at a wedding... maybe harvest at a funeral...

Be real and put To Bid You Farewell, or kill the bride and play The Lepper Affinity...

Really, i don't see either of those two (IMTON and Harvest) at a wedding... maybe harvest at a funeral...

Well yes Harvest's lyrics mention death etc and you are right about that but I think it is too cheerful for a funeral.I think Epilogue is much more fitting for funerals.

By the way we can see here how successful Opeth is at illustrating the common feeling of humans,like love,hate,disappointment or even death.More reason to love this fantastic band !

Might be a funny idea but I am planning to play Harvest while we're dancing with my future bride ( I hope :) ) so what do you think are there any other Opeth songs that we can fit in this category ? ( Thinking about Ending Credits too btw )

Not trying to mainstream Opeth here btw...I think the song fits to a wedding ritual where you made a pact, which can be inferred in the concept of lyrics...also the song is absolutely fantastic.

i asked my gal a few years ago if we could play harvest at our wedding and she agreed to it.

I dunno. "Harvest" kinda creeps me out... the atmosphere of the music and the subtle ominous vibe of the lyrics makes it more of a downer song.

That's just me, though. If you think the song works for your wedding, do it. Just make sure the bride consents to it, or you will not live long enough to show us the wedding photos.

it can sounds weird, but imo "advent" is their most cheerful song, it would perfectly fit during the entrance of the bride.

Definetly...

I don't know about Opeth songs at wedding. Harvest is pretty nice and maybe something off Damnation too, the atmosphere is just a bit depressing even (or especially) in the mellow songs.