Blackwater Park lyrics

wankerness

Dec 3, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
Well, the big argument about Opeth lyrics being lousy vs being good got me wondering what exactly IS Blackwater Park about? So far all I've got is that Dirge for November is suicide, and I see that. What about the rest of the songs? The title track is about a leper colony, correct? What the heck is "probing vomits for more?" Hmm...I also don't really get anything else. Someone said Bleak was about a murder, I don't really see that except the part about liquid seeping from a chest. Then Harvest has that line about POURED INTO MY CHEST, and back when I thought it was a concept album I thought they were somehow related...but I HAVE NO IDEA CAUSE I'M STUPID. Can anyone give a run down on their ideas of the song meanings (besides Dirge for November)???

Yeah, i know it's not a concept album...I thought it was cause some review I read of it said the whole thing was a concept album about a leper colony, and then it turns out the title track is about that but I don't think anything else is....oh well.

"probing vomits for more?"

that line problably has the goal to evoke some disturbing mental picture, which it does.

My opinion on the song "Blackwater Park": The direct meaning has to do with a plague (and a leper colony, like you said) but for me it is a metaphor and that way referring to mankind in general.

I think Blackwater Park is the most clever song about a Lawyer ever. Look at it like that. It makes it more interesting =P

It's not to hard to figure out. Im not 100% sure on Leper or Harvest so I wont post them yet.

Bleak-

Is something along of the lines of becoming a vampire and taking a victuim or the one who made him that way.

Mist Ripples around you thin white neck
and draws me a line
Cold finger mark this dying wreck
this moment is mine

The Drapery Falls - The alternate ending to My Arms, Your Hearse? hehe

A pissed off ghost comes back and has had enough ,and tries to kill her I guess. At the end he realize that no matter what he'll always be stuck with her memory.

"Deadly Patterns Made my Wreath"
"pale Ghost in Your Corner"
"Nails bleeding from the struggle"
"You turn your back and walks away.... NEVER AGAIN"
"Waking up to your sound again ,and lapse into the ways of misery"

Dirge For November - obviously suicide

The Funeral Portrait -

Song about the Grim Reaper. Showing someone or lover into the way of death.

Caked in the soil beneath
fear me when we meet (Death)
Turn away in admiration
My Firm grip round the nucleus of joy (life)

You will see it now
perish at my hands

Blackwater Park -

Yeah pretty much what the other poster said. The human race destroying each other in a endless cycle of death :mad: