Name one song with better growling than Blackwater Park!

Sargath

New Metal Member
Mar 15, 2009
Sitting here listening to Blackwater Park, goosebumps all over my body while he growls "PROBING VOMIIIIIEEEETS FOOOOR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!" it got me thinking: Is there any songs that is actually better growls in, than this song?

Can be Opeth or non-opeth songs :)

:worship: Blackwater Park

I'm listening to it right now too..
hmm, I love the growls of Christian Älvestam (Scar Symmetry), not matter how "gay" their music might be.
Eaten by Bloodbath too :p

^ yeah Scar Symmetry has actually much cool stuff! But I dont think he beats Mike though.

Hmmm, one of my favourite growls is in the song Firestorm by Xandria, because (female) vocalist, Lisa Middelhauve normally sings in a really soft voice but after this instrumental section of the song she suddenly growls a line amazingly well, the level of distortion and pauses between words are absolutely spot on and the blast beats played with each word accentuate the growls really well.
That is what comes to mind first for me whenever someone asks about the best growls anyway.

Whether or not it's better than Mike's I don't know but it's the growl that I find most memorable anyway. Possibly because it stands out so much against the rest of the song, whereas most of the time if growls are in a song they are in it a lot rather than a single line.

The Grand Conjuration has my favorite death growls

THE EYYYEEESSS OF THE DEEVVVIILLL !!!
or
THE HAAANNNDDDSSS OF SAAATTAAANNN !!!
or
THE GRRRAAAAANNNNNDDD COOONNNNJJUUUURRRAAAAAATTTIIIOOOONNNN !!!!!

:worship:

Dan Swano's growls have always been a little strained for me (Not as strained as Anders Friden but still strained). I like his stuff but I wouldn't consider him one of the best death vocalists or anything.