Sell me on "Blackwater Park"

BWP just evokes such an awesome feeling on loneliness and bleakness. At the same time it has some very aggressive parts, and certainly some amazing heaviness that transcends what Opeth has done before, in the title track.

Theres also quite a bit of emotion and attitude throughout. Bleak, despite the fact that it is extemely catchy, has some amazing combination of emotion and attitude. Listen to 6:15 to 7:20, the heavy portion coming out of the clean middle of the song up until the chorus. Simply amazing. Parts like this are why BWP is awesome. Actually the album is completely solid except for maybe the Drapery Falls, which I think is by far the weakest track.

Not gonna say it's better than Still Life or Ghost Reveries, but its right up their with them. However BWP does manage to have a more powerful closer then both of those 2 albums. White Cluster is ferocious, and Isolation years is beautiful, but Blackwater Park the song find Opeth at one of their finest moments. Listen from 9:40 to the end. Absolutely powerful. The last line, "The sun sets forever....." gives me goosebumps every time.

:headbang:

get fucked faggot.

btw, blackwater park (the song) is probably one of opeths heaviest/darkest. fucking kicks arse it does.

I'll get fucked on my own time, thank you. When you write shit the way you do, expect comments.

Blackwater Park may be dark and heavy, but so are other Opeth songs and they are generally compositions with a lot more variety within them.

I'll get fucked on my own time, thank you. When you write shit the way you do, expect comments.

Blackwater Park may be dark and heavy, but so are other Opeth songs and they are generally compositions with a lot more variety within them.

rofl, of course i was expecting expecting comments, as the analogy i made was valid. whether i typed it in capitals or not is pretty irrelevent, idiot.

i didn't use any capitals now; are you gonna whinge about that too you fucking girl's blouse?

rofl, of course i was expecting expecting comments, as the analogy i made was valid. whether i typed it in capitals or not is pretty irrelevent, idiot.

i didn't use any capitals now; are you gonna whinge about that too you fucking girl's blouse?

Well if we have to get nitpicky about it.. you should start sentences with capital letters, and "I" should be capitalized too. Hehehe. :D
I wouldn't mind being a girl's blouse either. Unless you need the Hubble telescope to enjoy her breasts. There must be some volume to breasts, must feel their delicious weight in my hands. Mmm...

Anyway, I have been giving Blackwater Park a spin, with the comments (well most comments ;)) from this thread in mind, and maybe, just maybe, this will grow on me after all... I hope so.
Cheers

welp, seig as you like girls breast, i think yuou mus be alright. and oretty sure itl; grow on you, you just need the riht perspective. it'sm a different mood tho the other albums, as has been said before, more bleak aqnd stuff. if yuo're in the mood, bwp is a great album/

welp, seig as you like girls breast, i think yuou mus be alright. and oretty sure itl; grow on you, you just need the riht perspective. it'sm a different mood tho the other albums, as has been said before, more bleak aqnd stuff. if yuo're in the mood, bwp is a great album/

Ugh, your spelling is giving me herpes