Name one song with better growling than Blackwater Park!

Like Fire by Bloodbath

And I agree with Heir Apparent as well. You'd think the man's vocal chords would weaken with age, but it seems like his growls have actually improved in some ways...

^
Like Fire Fuck yeh!
My band and I recently did a cover of that,
It went down well considering i forgot some of the last verse!

Is there any songs that is actually better growls in, than this song?

IMO, can't be done. My favourite part is b/t times 5:10 and and 5:32. Played on full blast with *large* headphones... unstoppable.

Just thinking off the top of my head, I've always liked John Tardy's growls - they are great, very expressive (in a way) and very recognisable.

I almost take my previous comment back after this video, i was at the gig, i forgot how awesome mike was!
But peter still owns the scream part, IT'S A TIE!

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as really low growling goes, I really like Mikko Kotamäki of Swallow the Sun. Not sure if he's better (he's pretty different stylistically), but holy shit he's good.

Sitting here listening to Blackwater Park, goosebumps all over my body while he growls "PROBING VOMIIIIIEEEETS FOOOOR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!" it got me thinking: Is there any songs that is actually better growls in, than this song?

Can be Opeth or non-opeth songs :)

:worship: Blackwater Park

IMO, David Vincent has a better growl than Mike. Domination, God of Emptyness, Blessed are the sick... guy has some serious growl going on without turning into an inintelligible amorphous sound (yes, Chris Barnes - YOU!)

Sitting here listening to Blackwater Park, goosebumps all over my body while he growls "PROBING VOMIIIIIEEEETS FOOOOR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!" it got me thinking: Is there any songs that is actually better growls in, than this song?

Can be Opeth or non-opeth songs :)

:worship: Blackwater Park

:kickass: BWP the song is perhaps one of the most brutal, haunting, intense, epic, dark piece of music written in the past century. Particularly at 8:05:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

IMO, David Vincent has a better growl than Mike. Domination, God of Emptyness, Blessed are the sick... guy has some serious growl going on without turning into an inintelligible amorphous sound (yes, Chris Barnes - YOU!)

Got that "Eviiiiiil...Attack. With Hate...Sataaaaaan....In the Fires of Hell Awaits..." part from Chapel of Ghouls stuck in my head and it's definitely as good or better than Mike.