Has a person ever played twice at one PP?

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Besides guest solo type standins (i.e. IA), has anybody ever played twice at one PP? Meaning, they were in two bands that attended the same PP fest? Thanks.

Hmmm.... I know of a couple of members who have appeared with different bands at two festivals (Andy B. Frank with Brainstorm and Symphorce and Roy Khan with Kamelot and Conception), but in terms of a single member playing in two bands for complete sets at the same PP, I don't recall that ever occurring.

I was hopeful last year that Iron Savior would play the same fest with Savage Circus (Piet Sielck would have pulled double duty on that one) but it obviously didn't happen.

Jason

Tore Ostby performed with DC Cooper at the ProgPower VI pre-party, then with Conception during the main show. Other than that, I think the closest it has come was when Vanden Plas was originally scheduled for ProgPower II, and Gunter Werno was also going to step in and play keyboards for Kamelot. Vanden Plas canceled shortly before the fest and were replaced by Steel Prophet, but Werno still came over to play keyboards for Kamelot.

What about that time the bassist for Evergrey played on a song during another band's set? I assume Evergrey played that year too?