Bands that might play PPVI

Meanmistreator

Granada Porch Crew
Feb 25, 2004
Savacountry
I've trying like everyone else to figure out some of this puzzle and of course fit in bands that I would like to see. First has Tristania ever played in the USA? I think Vanden Plas could be the returning band and they should have some new stuff out by then. Besides being one of the greatest acts that ever graced a PP stage. I haven't seem bands like Silent Force mentioned. And if you really look at what Glenn has said, this number 1 must be huge... how about Dream Theater huge? With a side dish of Fates warning.

it's your face I see, in the mist, in my dreams

Dream Theater will never play Progpower, they can sell out venutes 5 times the size of Earthlink on their own.

I believe Glenn already said Fates Warning was not playing this year, although I agree they would be a perfect headliner.

I agree with Vanden Plas, I'd love to see them return with a three spot. They were my favorite band at PP IV!

Tristania has never played the US to the best of my knowledge.

I'm just upset that it doesn't appear as if Sonata Arctica is playing. Seeing them open for Nightwish (and Overkill) is cool, but I want to them play for more than 45 minutes. Maybe next year.

Glenn has already said that he has tried to get Fates Warning on a few occassions, however it never works out. Dream Theater will probably never come thankfully. Tristania has never played ProgPower, but they haven't released anything spectacular either. I really don't think they're coming. Vanden Plas is a possibility, albeit a small one. Your statement about them being the greatest acts to grace a PP stage is totally biased and I would have to disagree with your statement. For you they were a great act but looking at this from a more objective point of view, you would see that they aren't exactly the most crowd drawing band. I don't mean to put down their talent as I do believe they are talented, but they aren't exactly in high demand. I would have to say Silent Force is the only real possibility you have on your list, however I don't really care as I'm not very much into them.

YtseJammer said:
I'm just upset that it doesn't appear as if Sonata Arctica is playing. Seeing them open for Nightwish (and Overkill) is cool, but I want to them play for more than 45 minutes. Maybe next year.

I was worried about this until I found out they're playing some headlining shows in Canada. I already got my ticket for the one in Toronto. :)

they're headlining in Toronto? too bad I'm moving to Phoenix next week, would have gone, and would have liked to meet up with you, Oakenson.. Long live Elvenking!

I really hope that Savatage is the big band....for their 25th anniversary...and the possibility of this being the last run for this great band. Crossing my fingers.
I think that Rob Rock is a very strong possibility this year.
I would also love to see any of the following:
~Labyrinth
~Headrush,
~Starbreaker
~At Vance
~Circle 2 Circle
~Firewind
~Masterplan
~Helloween
~D&W
~Kamelot
~Rage

nailz said:
they're headlining in Toronto? too bad I'm moving to Phoenix next week, would have gone, and would have liked to meet up with you, Oakenson.. Long live Elvenking!

:lol:

If you make it to ProgPower this year, I will be sure to talk to you before the show so we can meet up somewhere. We could last year, but I'm too dumb to talk about things. :loco:

Some "US debut" bands I think could be a possibility:

Eldritch - Excellent prog laced power metal. I dont think they have ever played the states.

Alchemist - They were at PP Europe last year and took the roof off from what I hear.... They have never played the states

Rhapsody - I dont think they have played the states and would fit well.

Tarot - Finnish power metal

Sieges Even - Long time progressive innovators

Lanfear - German power metal

Running Wild - Not sure if they played the states back in the 80's but they would fit the format well....

Destiny - Long time Swedish power metal band

Those are just a few (As soon as I post this I'll probably remember alot more....) that may be among the "debut" bands....

Dr_Metal said:
Running Wild - Not sure if they played the states back in the 80's but they would fit the format well....

They did an 8 date tour of the US in either 86 or 87 with Celtic Frost and Voivod.

I think Silent Force, Mercenary, and Angra are the strongest possibilities for returning band.

I think they're are 2 possibilities for the returning band...Mercenary, if not them Silent Force. Whenever a band gets asked back the slot gets boosed unless it is 90 minutes. VP is not going to come back and have the same slot they would probably headline. Everyone who is saying Angra, are you out of your mind? Do you seriously think a pp3 headliner is going to come back and just play an hour :bah:

Well.....my number one band I would hope for would be Arcturus. They'd be a US debut if they played, although I have no information that supports the likelyhood of them playing. But they would be one of the several "killer" bands, that if they were scheduled, I would see them no matter what the other bands were.

I don't really understand the numbering system in terms of guessing who will return or who will not......but it would be nice if Devy returned....never seen him live. I would absolutely love for Symphony X to return, but I've read that that's pretty much not going to happen. But that's okay, I can just see them when they tour this year.

But basically I'm just hoping for bands I know....

My guesses for the returning band are Mercenary, Pagan's Mind, or Nightingale, or maybe even Redemption considering I think they have a new cd coming out and with Alder in the band now I could see them playing a 3rd slot. I just hope that it isn't Angel Dust, where every song live sounds the same. For the oddball band I am hoping for Vintersorg but I highly doubt that, but Finntroll would definitely work for me. I could see Pyramaze having a second slot. As for headliners, Stratovarius and Masterplan are my guesses