Has anybody else listened to Bruce's Maiden audition tracks?

I have a tape of it around here somewhere. I thought it was all right. I like the crazy drunkass stuff at the end more than the other stuff. The earlier concerts with him still doin a lot of Dianno stuff sounds better than the audition cuz they actually rehearsed as a unit.

And yep, his Samson stuff is quite awesome :D I'm glad they picked him, if they hadn't metal would be quite a different musical style now perhaps. EEK!

I look at em more as a goof off than anything else honestly. They probably just recorded them for posterity because listening to the Samson stuff compared to Dianno with Maiden, you know Bruce gives him an ass whooping. That's really all that matters. hehe.

*pictures Bruce with his beard and unbuttoned shirt-samson era look beating paul dianno with a belt while singing "take it like maaaaaaAAAnnn ooohhh whoaaaooo ooooh OOOH oooh ooh ooh!" while paul is whincing in his leather jacket bent over*

:erk:

Lamia The Great said:
And yep, his Samson stuff is quite awesome :D I'm glad they picked him, if they hadn't metal would be quite a different musical style now perhaps. EEK!
Almost 20 years of listening to Maiden and I haven't even heard any Samson yet.

I don't agree at all that those tracks are bad. I have some of those songs on mp3 (Twilight Zone, Charlotte the Harlot, Killers) and I think they're just fine. Not necessarily better than Paul's versions, but still allright.
Anyway, who am I to judge. I'm such a Bruce-fangirl, he he he... :D