Has anyone had some experience with this cheap rack DI?

sam14

Tard
Aug 22, 2011
http://www.audiopile.net/products/DI_Boxes/FDB-404/FDB-404_cutsheet.shtml

I am after a rack mount DI system to put in my live rack as I have a few channels going from my interface to FOH and I don't want to rely on the FOH guys having DI's for 4 channels, so I thought this would be a tidy solution!

Has anyone had any positive/negative experiences with the one linked above? It seems a bit better quality than the Behringer in the same price range.

Bought one of these for my work and its cool. This might be up your street. That DI looks like junk. I would buy this or a palmer depending on if you need a headphone mix. Radial is the shit but its expensive!

Bought one of these for my work and its cool. This might be up your street. That DI looks like junk. I would buy this or a palmer depending on if you need a headphone mix. Radial is the shit but its expensive!

Was there meant to be a link in that post? haha

I am hearing positive stuff about it on the net, certainly better than the behringer alternative. It is only for balancing the line outs of my interface, everything else is already balanced and ready for FOH

I like Audiopile's stuff. Their active DI's are pretty awesome and they have 1M Ohm impedance. Their racks are built tough as hell too.

I haven't used that particular unit but I do use their other active and passive DI's. The frequency is flat and full range, what more can you ask for?

Looking at that particular unit, considering the jacks are all chassis mounted alone sells it for me. Most other cheap ones done't even put nuts on the jacks, they just depend on the solder joints for all the support. Quick and cheap to build but damned to fail.

I like Audiopile's stuff. Their active DI's are pretty awesome and they have 1M Ohm impedance. Their racks are built tough as hell too.

I haven't used that particular unit but I do use their other active and passive DI's. The frequency is flat and full range, what more can you ask for?

Looking at that particular unit, considering the jacks are all chassis mounted alone sells it for me. Most other cheap ones done't even put nuts on the jacks, they just depend on the solder joints for all the support. Quick and cheap to build but damned to fail.

Awesome, thanks for the help :)