Has anyone heard them yet?

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
I 'm not sure how many know this, although I have made mention of it in another thread here as well as on several other forums/mailing lists, but there are two full-length MP3'savailable for your listening/downloading pleasure at the Metal Ages Records website!

Although they are the rough mixed versions of the songs appearing on the new album "A New Breed of Rebellion", they'll give you a good idea of what to expect when it comes out August 26th!

\m/
Dustin

Dustin

You guys rock! and you are the lord of low end thump! Nice work! I hope to get a copy of your new release out here in the Bay Area on the 26th.

Is it availiable here? if not let me know where I can get one OK! I have listened to these new MP3's and they kick arse!

From one Low End Lord to another you rock bro. Hope to see you our here in the Bay Area someday again! Or if we come through your neck with Spocks Beard on the US leg? if it happens?

Not sure when we are doing our pre tour party gig or if it will be after we get back from Europe yet in San Francisco but we will let you know.

Hey rock Atlanta and have a great one!

You rule!

Ed ( from Enchant )

ebass said:
Dustin

You guys rock! and you are the lord of low end thump! Nice work! I hope to get a copy of your new release out here in the Bay Area on the 26th.

Is it availiable here? if not let me know where I can get one OK! I have listened to these new MP3's and they kick arse!

From one Low End Lord to another you rock bro. Hope to see you our here in the Bay Area someday again! Or if we come through your neck with Spocks Beard on the US leg? if it happens?

Not sure when we are doing our pre tour party gig or if it will be after we get back from Europe yet in San Francisco but we will let you know.

Hey rock Atlanta and have a great one!

You rule!

Ed ( from Enchant )

Ed!

Hey man, thanks for coming over and visiting us brotha!

I'll see what I can do about gettin' you a copy of the new album. I know that our label Manager and Bob at IOMA are good freinds so we'll have to hook you up somehow. ;-)

Dude, a US leg of the tour? that would rock!!! If Enchant and Spock's Beard make a pass by ol' Utah (or IN Utah? hell, i'd soil myself silly!) you can bet dollars to donuts that me and the wife would be there for sure!

Keep me posted on when (and if?) you guys are rockin' the bay are again... I think it would make my other Bay area brotha's Pooch (imagikafan), Henry, Bear and those crazy Tipton twins happy to have another excuse for me to come and visit. :p

Thanks for those kind words Ed, and thanks for checkin' out the tunage, YOU ARE the true lord of the low end.. and that is the truth!
:headbang:

Demonspell said:
I have heard them...Chronologic shows the promised tech-metal direction, and it is highly successful. Turn To Grey rocks as well.

I think you will seriously dig "Peacful Act..." if you like the Tech-metal direction.

Imagikafan said:
Good stuff, guys! !:headbang: I'm really looking forward to hearing the new material live in Atlanta. :D

-Mark

Pooch!!! Hopefully we pull it off live without a hitch... :loco:
It'll be good to hang out again!

Ruined Luna said:
Been playing both in my car A LOT. They both get better with every listen. :hotjump:

..And those are just the rough mix/unmastered versions :Spin: trust me when I say this, as I don't mean any ill-will on your new car but... hopefully the finished product blows the doors off your Miata. :D

Not to much longer now...

\m/
Dustin

Dustin, I just heard the new tracks; gosh how I missed the twin leads in a Prog. Metal style - very cool indeed! When will we see member bios etc.? I would also like to see an equipment list for each member as well. Be well!Om

OmDave said:
Dustin, I just heard the new tracks; gosh how I missed the twin leads in a Prog. Metal style - very cool indeed! When will we see member bios etc.? I would also like to see an equipment list for each member as well. Be well!Om

Hi Dave!

Thanks for the props sir! :worship:

Glad to hear you like our brand of progmetal thus far!
We definatly need to get those personal bio's up soon... hopefully once the album is finaly finished and on the shelves, we'll be able to get that part wraped up. ;)

Althought I can't remember correctly everyones equipment they play right off-hand, I'll try and take note the next time I'm at the studio and post a new thread in the mean time on those goodies for ya. :D

oh, I nearly forgot... welcome to our forum! :Spin:

\m/
Dustin

Ok Dustin, I am now tired of every day listening the pre-production clips. Do you know if or when I can pre-order the new CD from Metal Ages? Also, who do you admire at Bass? I hear some Joe Dibase - Fates Warning, Geddy Lee – Rush, Chris Squire - Yes and maybe some Steve Harris (Iron Maiden). Lastly, how do you feel about basses with extended range – 5 (you may have), 6 and 7 string basses in the context of two-guitar player environment? Oh. Do you and/or Matt listen to Jazz?

:cool:

OmDave said:
Ok Dustin, I am now tired of every day listening the pre-production clips. Do you know if or when I can pre-order the new CD from Metal Ages? Also, who do you admire at Bass? I hear some Joe Dibase - Fates Warning, Geddy Lee – Rush, Chris Squire - Yes and maybe some Steve Harris (Iron Maiden). Lastly, how do you feel about basses with extended range – 5 (you may have), 6 and 7 string basses in the context of two-guitar player environment? Oh. Do you and/or Matt listen to Jazz?

:cool:

I sympathize with you Dave, I am getting tired of having only the pre-prod. clips available myself! :loco: As far as pre-orders go, once I get the O.K. from Metal Ages Records to announce it, both parties will be letting everyone know...

It's funny you mention those particular bass players... in that order none the less! All of them are HUGE influnces on my playing! Dibiase is severly underated, he is by far one of my all time favorites, and one of the guys that spured me to pick up the bass.

I think extended basses are more or less a prefrence to the person playing them. I play a 5-string and it works great for what I do. A 6-string is a possibility in the futre, but a 7-string seems to be a bit overkill for my particluar taste and style... but who knows, I may go to 8 one day!

On listening to Jazz, Me and Curtis are the only guys in the band that really listen to it. We both are HUGE fans of DiMiola, and I Personally enjoy kicking back to guys like Tribal Tech, Spyro Gyra, Yellow Jackets, Frank Gambale, Vital Information and other as well. Matt, ironiclly doesn't listen to much jazz music at all! Most people think he does, and I can see why by his drumming techniuqe, but all of his drumming comes from years of experamenting and listeing to other drummers liek Steve Smith or Simon philips specificly... metal and jazz.

Dustin, I agree with you whole-heartedly! Joe Dibase is/was very under rated! Joe's bass lines on Perfect Symmetry were so sharp with a technical edge that I was just taken away. Then there was Mark Zonder. What a marriage! What an album! I also should mention NO EXIT was also a very good performance as well. With this said I guess it was Joe’s irregular, hesitating-like, uneven, choppy lines that I found so unique and inspiring. For me, Perfect Symmetry was Fates Warnings zenith. Fates has not been the same since Frank’s departure. Hence, I love what I am hearing from Kat V! Just cannot wait to hear the new work in its competed state! Oh, how long is the CD and is it thematic or not?

:hotjump:
I absolutely agree with you, "Perfect Symmetry" is by far their pinnicle album! It is #1 for me out of all their albums... Mark and Joe's interplay between each other on that album are unmatched, and remarkable! "Perfect..." was the first album I bought from Fates Warining after seeing their Through Diffrent Eyes video on the HB ball back in late 89'. This album was a huge influnece for both me and Matt, "No Exit" is actually Curtis' fave.

After mixing, I was told by Curtis that our new album was just under an hour, which is perfect in my opinion... it's not to long, and not to short. There is actualy a theme to it... but it's not a concept album. I would divulge more about what exactly the theme is, but I think it would take the fun and excitement out of it. we'll leave it up to you and others to draw your own conclusions... which I believe will be quite rewarding if you figure it out. :D

I can say this much though, half the album runs with the theme which realates directly to the title of the album, and the other half does not. :Spin:

\m/
Dustin

great stuff! rough mix huh- can't wait to hear the finished project cuz it KICKS SERIOUS already. i dig the thematic tease2 :)

pleeeeeeeze pleeeeeeze play a show with us in SLC :)

\m/

MiniMurray said:
great stuff! rough mix huh- can't wait to hear the finished project cuz it KICKS SERIOUS already. i dig the thematic tease2 :)

pleeeeeeeze pleeeeeeze play a show with us in SLC :)

\m/
Sarah!!!! :kickass:

What's up! Glad your diggin' the teasers on the labels site.... not much longer now till' the real thing is released!

We're defaintly looking to play a show with you ladies the next time you all come to SLC... for once, it will be a FULL night of true metal if that happens! :loco:

\m/
Dustin

Dustin and the guys have been kind enough to let me listen to New Breed of Rebellion (the unmastered version), and let me say that even without the fine refinement it sounds AWESOME!!!

Hopefully everyone else gets to hear this in the next month or so. It will be weird hearing the final version after growing accustomed to the unmastered version...
:p

BTW, you might be interested to know just how versatile Curtis is - he BUILT/owns the production studio that Katagory V rehearses/records in, and it is certainly not lacking in quality equipment! And he makes his time/resources available to other area bands as well, which is very appreciated by other area musicians. The KatV studio is definitely NOT a garage band operation, although the studio used to be a garage before the extensive remodeling...

Mostly though, he just loves to play!!!
:D