Has anyone seeing any gigs in the next few months?

Tonight I'll be going to a band happening. There's about half a dozen punk bands playing. I'll be on duty, ie. I see that people behaves.

Tomorrow night I'll be going to see Requiem in another band happening, off duty. :headbang:

I would go to see Sonata Arctica on 24rd but I'm on duty that night. :(

If you mean me, it's not really a job. It's completely voluntary work. Although I have to attend some concerts that are held by the local sportsclub so I don't have to pay for my license.

The good thing is that I get three freetickets for every 'compulsory' concert I have to attend to, but usually the concerts aren't anything I like. It's mostly popular music for the middle aged people.

I don't know what the English term for my 'hobby' would be, but it's like security work (you know, like in concerts, football matches etc.) and bouncer work. Order maintainer if translated straight from Finnish.

yay im going to loads:

Gutworm (AWESOME band)
Nile/Akercocke/Behemoth
Opeth/Katatonia/Novembre
Earthtone9/God Forbid/Cortizone (just there for god forbid)
Godforbid/Labrat
Arsenal Vs Aston Villa (not music, but still good)
um, um, um theres more but i cant think right now. and theyre all between the 1st and 11th of december which is really cramped!!!

Two possible gigs:

Children Of Bodom, I think it was next month or so.
Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus next spring.

Oh yes I have!
Last friday, a GREAT band called Maj Karman Kauniit Kuvat!

Those guys KILL live. Unbeliveable energy, fantastic lyrics, killing riffs! Softness and raw POWER and ANGER in one neat package.

Here´s a sound clip:
http://www.majkarma.com/sounds/kaukana.mp3

lyrics in English:

Far from telephones

In the end you´ll always fly to me
In the end you´ll always come for me

It´d be great if one day you could give me a message and tell me that
it was a fine day today

That you were happy
And if some time you could fly to me
lie on my bed
lean on me
be happy

Maybe this way it´s easier to live
You may come in
No, I won´t let anyone else

We live
And we don´t become monsters
Unless we already are
The road is long like the back of a snake
It goes near you
and I walk on it
Near the shop I smile behind a tree
and you´re happy

Maybe this way it´s easier to live
You may come in
No, I won´t let anyone else

Let´s be together
Far from Telephones
Let´s be together
Far from everyone else
Let´s grieve
Let´s rejoice
In our crises we both fear alike
You and me

Originally posted by Eddy
If you mean me, it's not really a job. It's completely voluntary work. Although I have to attend some concerts that are held by the local sportsclub so I don't have to pay for my license.

The good thing is that I get three freetickets for every 'compulsory' concert I have to attend to, but usually the concerts aren't anything I like. It's mostly popular music for the middle aged people.

I don't know what the English term for my 'hobby' would be, but it's like security work (you know, like in concerts, football matches etc.) and bouncer work. Order maintainer if translated straight from Finnish.

Do you enjoy it yeah?

Originally posted by godisanathiest

Do you enjoy it yeah?

Can't really say yet, I just started recently. Got my license last summer and been on duty few times. It's been quite hard just stand there and watch that folks behave themselves, but at least it's something to do.

Next saturday will probably show the whole picture as I have my first bigger concert then. The artist has been to this place two times before (that I know of) and I think the place was sold out on both occasions. And that's quite a lot of people, the capacity is approximately 960.

Time will tell.

I supposed to go see Rammstein (it's here on next month,I think..) I had saved money for that...I asked my friend what does she think about this and she said she can't make it. She'll have to do this that on that day, but she's not sure. Well, I waited, and waited....and waited too long,there were no tickets left anymore. "Oh well" I said. But I just heard that the date in the newspaper was WRONG, we could have make it there after all.
:( :( :( :mad:

Originally posted by dreamwatch
That sucks Zeanra. :(

Transparent - what part of London are you from? :)

West London, the local football teams are Brentford and QPR, although i support Arsenal (from north london) but i only live like 30 mins away from centeral London, so its a good place to be. :)

Originally posted by Eddy

Can't really say yet, I just started recently. Got my license last summer and been on duty few times. It's been quite hard just stand there and watch that folks behave themselves, but at least it's something to do.

Next saturday will probably show the whole picture as I have my first bigger concert then. The artist has been to this place two times before (that I know of) and I think the place was sold out on both occasions. And that's quite a lot of people, the capacity is approximately 960.

Time will tell.

Well, good luck :D

well hello to everyone i just went to see linkin park and adema an ok show nothing special we dont get alot of major stuff only somtimes but that is supposed to change they are tryinh to bring new acts here because they built a huge arena here i did see iron maiden queens rique and rob halford all together they came here about a year ago sorry for the bad spelling in a hurry sometimes i would do my normal beer smiley but its not here we should do something about that whats up dreamy

Originally posted by dreamwatch
Hey Ironman! Sorry about the beer smiley, I shall speak to the master and see if I can persuade him to add it.;) I miss my cheery little wave smile too.:(

Withdrawal symptoms?

hey dreamwatch....what part of brisbane u from? i'm in alderley on the north side. What's wacken?
I'm not planning any gigs at the moment...i think fear factory is here soon. But will definately see Opeth (february i think?) Hopefully they will team up with a good aussie metal band

I'm going to Marduk tomorrow night
Not that i am dying for that,but I haven't been to any serious gig since June 2001.So instead of waiting ages until one of superfaves does gig here,I'd rather see Marduk...... It will be cool anyway :)
especially if they'll play my super-ultra-hyper-fave "On Darkened wings"
:cool: