Has anyone used an audio pc with Vista as an operating system?

kostikas2002

New Metal Member
Nov 8, 2007
damn, i do , and it's so f'in annoying.:mad:
for some reason, i can't export wave files from sonar 5:zombie:
so i bounce the tracks within the program and work around that.
then wavelab 4 won't open a wave file when iselect that option from the menu. instead i have to drag the file into the program from the windows explorer and work around that, too.
then wavelab won't export the file to an mp3 after mastering, instead the program terminates! what the???
oh yeah, i use a dedicated program and encode the master file to mp3, so i ultimately work around that also..:rolleyes:
so i guess theres no denying that windows :lol:"work":lol: for audio production then, eh?:erk:

(oh, don't even get me started on how i even managed to install sonar and wavelab, a dozen " confirm administrative rights", reboots, smartallec windows telling me the that the programs aren't approved by microsoft, not digitally signed, may contain viruses)

so, has anyone else had problems like these in Vista, or am i the only one stupid enough to not have already uninstalled them??
also where things like this when windows xp first came out? i wasn't in to music production at the time

yeah getting newer programs are definitely on my to do list. but even then i think there will be compatibility issues for a while until 64 bits are supported by hardware and software. it's really aggravating to not have the thing just work like it's supposed to.
D'oh! I'm such an idiot i just realized that i put this thread in the wrong place, sorry, i guess it should have been amongst the normal threads?

I wouldn't use 64-bit Windows because of problems with finding software and drivers and minimal yield from the software that does work. I have a 64-bit processor but the 64-bit OS on this machine is Linux, because it can actually use that extra functionality.

Jeff