Has the forum outlived its usefulness?

Bob nothing is like it was 17 years ago. Not you or me or the world.

The forum format is universally dying off. Most people have migrated to other forms of social media. Facebook is filled with various progressive rock and metal groups. Tons of information there - including videos and sound clips. You can even start your own private group at no expense. I was invited into a private group of serious record/music collectors on FB. I constantly discover something new.

There is a Lasers Edge FB page. Not a ton of activity but I post there and occasionally I get asked questions.

Personally I find Instagram useful. Youtube as well.

I recognize that there are negative aspects to Facebook. Lots. You have to weigh the good and the bad and decide.

if you rely on the handful of people who still post on this forum for your information you are missing out on a lot of music.

As I mentioned in the past, this forum costs me nothing. I don’t mind it at all, and it still serves a purpose. I check it throughout the day.

if it becomes a bother or comes to a standstill I’ll make it go away. We are not there yet.

Reactions: LeepinLeemur
Bob nothing is like it was 17 years ago. Not you or me or the world.

The forum format is universally dying off. Most people have migrated to other forms of social media. Facebook is filled with various progressive rock and metal groups. Tons of information there - including videos and sound clips. You can even start your own private group at no expense. I was invited into a private group of serious record/music collectors on FB. I constantly discover something new.

There is a Lasers Edge FB page. Not a ton of activity but I post there and occasionally I get asked questions.

Personally I find Instagram useful. Youtube as well.

I recognize that there are negative aspects to Facebook. Lots. You have to weigh the good and the bad and decide.

if you rely on the handful of people who still post on this forum for your information you are missing out on a lot of music.

As I mentioned in the past, this forum costs me nothing. I don’t mind it at all, and it still serves a purpose. I check it throughout the day.

if it becomes a bother or comes to a standstill I’ll make it go away. We are not there yet.

Good Piont Ken I agree I bought a LOT of cds from what other people posted on what they were listening to....

Hello Ken new forum member here. I’ll add to the several people who post here. I appreciate you keeping the forum going. I’m not one much for mass social media and find the smaller format more comfortable. I’ll be posting pretty much in the can you stock this section also. Hope you had a good Christmas and Happy New Year. Sincerely Paul.