Has the time come to expand Progpower to three days?

Shane has done such an amazing job with the pre-party the last couple years that as far as I'm concerned, PPUSA is already a 3 day fest! In fact, this year the day I'm most looking forward to is the pre-party! That said, if Glenn decided to one day make it officially a 3 day show, you can count me in! I live in Texas, and prog/power bands rarely come this way when they play a few US cities and call it a tour. In the past I've had to go to Arizona to see Manowar, Denver to see Helloween, Chicago to see Edguy/HammerFall and I plan to go to Minnesota to see Gamma Ray. I've been to 3 PPUSA's, 2 BW&BK's and 1 Chicago PowerFest so far. Adding another day to PPUSA just gives me a chance to see more of my favorite bands in one spot instead of travelling everywhere when they decide not to come to Texas.

I agree with the past few posts that it pretty much already is a 3 day fest with the Pre-Party. Compare the Pre-Party lineup this year and last year to the pre-party of PPV! MAJOR DIFFERENCE. I think it should stay the way it is, cause as it is now, if you can't make the pre-party then you don't have to buy a ticket. If Glenn changed it to a 3 day "official" fest, then you'd be forced to buy a thursday ticket even if you couldn't make it. That would suck for a lot of people, though i'm sure it would still sell out without a doubt.

It is called vacation time and for others Earned Time or Paid Time Off. And everybody has it... so why not use it? Even when I get a new job and don't have vacation time for a year, I tell them what time off I need in advance after the job offer is made and they accomodate it (I've done this for Prog Power 2x already). I'm a manager for a living and any boss that wouldn't let you go to Prog Power is just being a total dick... and you should probably start looking for work at a place that will respect you and your personal needs more.

I could understand not doing three days for logistical, planning, and time issues on Glenn's side... but for us fans to say "three days would be too much for me to handle" is quite lame.

The bottom line is, if planned properly, it sure as hell COULD be done... and 3 days WOULD kickass more than 2 days, there's not even any room for debate about that. I'm sure it'd be more profitable than two days and I'm sure it'd have no trouble selling out.

The only question is, is it worth the time and planning on the operational end (on Glenn's side) from people who have other day jobs and families to take care of.

The Michael