Hatebreed-The Rise of Brutality Out NOW!!

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
This cd is a more metallica onslaught from one of the gods of metalcore, with tracks like "tear it down," and "this is now" it has a real metal feel to it, i suggest everyone goes out and buys it now!

PS: Best buy had an astonishing deal on this cd for 9.99!

I won't be checking it out anytime soon. Jamie Josta's scream is so monotonous and boring it makes all the songs sound the same except for the guitar parts. He has no vocal range at all. Until they decide to ditch the annoying same-o same-o screams, they can eat my ass.

I bought it Tuesday and I think it's quite good. Better than Perseverance...much more metal sounding as well.

NocturnalSun said:
I won't be checking it out anytime soon. Jamie Josta's scream is so monotonous and boring it makes all the songs sound the same except for the guitar parts. He has no vocal range at all. Until they decide to ditch the annoying same-o same-o screams, they can eat my ass.
I'm with ya..

NocturnalSun said:
I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU. ANYTHING I HAVE HEARD FROM THIS BAND SOUNDS TOO CLOSE TO THE LAST THING I HEARD FROM THEM. I MUST ADMIT THAT PUDGY BABY FACED MOTHER IS A GOOD HOST FOR THAT NEW HBB SHOW. I HOWEVER COULD DO WITHOUT ANYTHING BEING DONE TO MY ASS!

NocturnalSun said:
haha Jamie reminds me of the Gerber baby on crack

lol.

Don't like Hatebreed, don't like their whole We're so fucking tough act they seemed to put on Live....wish it was just Slayer and Arch Enemy ont he tour, leave out Sworn Enemy and HAtebreed, blah.

But they COULD be if they wanted...I'm glad they're not. It's good someone out there can make absolutely crushing atonal music that is both catchy and positive at the same time.

it would be better if that 'crushing atonal positive heavy music' was actually good, though. The song structures are the same throughout, and the band constantly looks like they're trying to prove something all the time. Whereas, Slayer could take the stage and own it, because they have nothing to prove. Hatebreed has no overall sense of music. yes, the guitars are relatively good and the drum coordination is good, but the overall feel of the songs aren't right and very distorted by the constant blare of monotonous screaming. they could at least change up the screams a little bit to possibly include some low-tone screams and possibly even some singing, but they stick with the same boringass LOOK AT ME I AM MAD AT YOU screams. I think Jamie has the potential to sound good, i just don't think it'll ever happen. It's like wasted talent. The lyrics are well-thought and good, but the vocals make no accent to them. They just destroy the message.

btw who put Jamie Josta on hosting duty for Headbanger's Ball? he's on every week now! they should at least get someone different every week or even bring back Rachtman.

sixxswine said:
I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU. ANYTHING I HAVE HEARD FROM THIS BAND SOUNDS TOO CLOSE TO THE LAST THING I HEARD FROM THEM. I MUST ADMIT THAT PUDGY BABY FACED MOTHER IS A GOOD HOST FOR THAT NEW HBB SHOW. I HOWEVER COULD DO WITHOUT ANYTHING BEING DONE TO MY ASS!
propaganda8.jpg