have a registered digi002 rack and want a digi003 rack?

just curious man, but why are you going for the HD3 rig?

in my experience, that's really only necessary if you need more channels of i/o - an HD2(or even HD1 with the 8-core mac) should be able to run shit tons of tracks/plugs with no latency

just curious man, but why are you going for the HD3 rig?

in my experience, that's really only necessary if you need more channels of i/o - an HD2(or even HD1 with the 8-core mac) should be able to run shit tons of tracks/plugs with no latency

because im getting 50% off all of this stuff
and by upping it to hd3, i get 192 interface with another a/d expansion built in
at another 50% off

im getting hd3 (3 core cards) with 192 + extra a/d for only 10 thousand

and by upping it to hd3, i get 192 interface with another a/d expansion built in
at another 50% off

Dope!

So when can I come play on all your new toys. :lol:

Also I know you had a preamp thread, but check out the Presonus adl 600 pre. I just got one and it sounds so good. Get you some tube flavor in that outboard!!!

at another 50% off

well hey shit there you go then i guess...if the price is right, jump on that shit

also, i would guesstimate that you probably wouldn't like the preamp in the LA610 all that much, but the LA-2A-style comps are pretty sweet

for the type of shit you're doing, i would put the $$ on an 1176 before anything else though - either that or a distressor, but i don't have any actual hands-on experience with those bitches

I'm so pissed at the price you're getting for this.

I paid $6k for my HD1 card and another $2k for a 192. oh and $1k for a 96. ughhh.
sell me one of your accel cards, you don't need hd3 :Smug:

ps I had a Vintech 273 and didn't like it much. Too saturated and dark for this type of stuff. API 3124 is the way to go

i tend to compress in the box
so thats why im talking about pre's / strips

but i do need better pre's

if that's the case, i def. wouldn't get the la610 for the preamp alone

if anything, just get the solo 610...it's a great pre for bass, and sometimes vox or other random stuff, but i wouldn't use it on guitars/drums - at least not for the styles you're working in

if that's the case, i def. wouldn't get the la610 for the preamp alone

if anything, just get the solo 610...it's a great pre for bass, and sometimes vox or other random stuff, but i wouldn't use it on guitars/drums - at least not for the styles you're working in

what about neve 1073 clones?

i would get api if i could find an 8 channel clone

depends which clones you're talking about...i've used the brent averill 1073 modules, and they're sweet as fuck - but for like $3500/channel they better be

then there's the vintech stuff, which i've heard mixed reviews on, but never used - and of course you already have 1 channel of great river

i think i might've mentioned it a while back, but the great river pres are pretty well a neve-based design - they took the 1073 schematic and played around with it a little bit and updated the components since a lot of the original caps, transformers, etc. aren't available anymore

what about neve 1073 clones?

i would get api if i could find an 8 channel clone

finding a faithful reproduction of API pres is tough

really the only thing i know of that's considered close are the seventh circle audio kits, but you have to DYI those bitches or pay them to build them for you - and if you do the math, 4 channels of pre-built SCA API clones cost more than an API 3124

you could get 4 channels of vintech or other neve clone for maybe $5k

or 2x API 3124, which is 8 channels, for the same. (used or ebay stores)