Have any of you ever bought a low end guitar and replaced the pickups? Your results:

i only own high end guitars, some of which have 81s, 85s, dimarzios... on the side i also setup peoples cheaper guitars with the same pickups. the difference is massive in playability, quality and tonality, not to mention consistency.

AMARSHISM so do you refute what some have said about changing the electronics on a cheap guitar can give you a much more solid guitar? do you not recommend upgrading a basic guitar with new electronics?

aviel you have the dk2m too? lol, how do you like it? im not very fond of mine, i could never really get a great feel of the guitar, something about the strings and the fretboard, i honestly think mine was just made wrong.

hahaha. i find it quite comfortable in playing, but i think its sounds a little, fizzy, like something make the sound not clear enough.. i've heard that changing the bridge to floyd original should help, not sure though.

do you have it with stock pickups?

i dont think its too fizzy, but when i play around with amp sims and impulse yes i very much think so, i have to be really carefull with the impulse i select otherwise its fizzy ass hell. These guitars dont have original floyd roses? i think the guitar is fine, its just im not a floyd rose type of guy, i find that the lower frets are too close to the strings, i get fret buzz around 1-5 frets, its very annoying, a few people have the same problem, i honestly think my guitar was made wrong. I have days, when everything is playing perfect, not buzz or anything and i love the guitar, but then i get 1 little buzz and i freak out and completely adjust everything, seems to be a repetitive process. Yea i have stock pickups, theyre ok.

i dont think its too fizzy, but when i play around with amp sims and impulse yes i very much think so, i have to be really carefull with the impulse i select otherwise its fizzy ass hell. These guitars dont have original floyd roses? i think the guitar is fine, its just im not a floyd rose type of guy, i find that the lower frets are too close to the strings, i get fret buzz around 1-5 frets, its very annoying, a few people have the same problem, i honestly think my guitar was made wrong. I have days, when everything is playing perfect, not buzz or anything and i love the guitar, but then i get 1 little buzz and i freak out and completely adjust everything, seems to be a repetitive process. Yea i have stock pickups, theyre ok.

Well, fizz is a common problem with 99% of amp sim, so beware of that... Be sure to evaluate the performance of the guitar through the proper chain/real amp...

Well, fizz is a common problem with 99% of amp sim, so beware of that... Be sure to evaluate the performance of the guitar through the proper chain/real amp...

I use engl amp.. The guitar just lacks some extra power.. i feel i have to use a ts for it. aboit the frets.. just sand them.. thats what i did. it was annoyong but got it in the end.. i had a problem with the 4th fret.

Let a pro fix it.

i only own high end guitars, some of which have 81s, 85s, dimarzios... on the side i also setup peoples cheaper guitars with the same pickups. the difference is massive in playability, quality and tonality, not to mention consistency.

pretty much this. but $250 for the one hes getting, i wouldn't even call that a "low-end" guitar.

I've done it loads of times.
I try the instruments acoustically, and as long as the guitar has decent resonance and a good feeling to it there is no reason not to buy it.

Then i usually end up changing the bridge, tuners, nut, electronics and pickups = GREAT guitar for half the price of a factory one with similar specs.

Too many believe changing pickup will make a better sound. It's too easy believing it. You can get a good enough sound with most pickups. Start with the amp, pedal first. As always it's not so important how it sounds on. It's own its how it sounds in a mix, with the rest of the band that matters.

I changed the stock BC rich pups in my NJ Neck thru series Wave with a EMG 81 85's but the thing is its already a bright sounding guitar and the EMG's have made it even brighter , it sounds good but not better just different its made from maple and mahogany . Incidentally I decided to put those stock BC rich pups in my even cheaper Jackson because they were still very high out put pups with adjustable pole pieces I'd say the output is about the same as the emg's and now my jackson has an even more ballsy heavier tone than the Wave . I just play the jackson these days ...funny how things turn out .

pretty much this. but $250 for the one hes getting, i wouldn't even call that a "low-end" guitar.

yea i wouldnt call it a low end guitar generally speaking, but considering other Stephen carpenter guitars have more to offer, it may be in the low end of the series.

So this guitar has a basswood body, and maple neck, what type of pickups do you guys recommend? The higher edition with EMGs is mahogany body and neck.

I had a Cort X6 years ago and I switched pickups with Duncan Invader and Jazz. After upgrade, it was fucking brutal. It had basswood body and maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. Unfortunately I don't have any clips of it anymore.

I bought a strat made by this brand called "Gould" for about 250$ actually.
Alder body(My favorite body material, love the snap and sustain.) and a maple neck/fretboard.
The guitar sounds GREAT now that i changed the electronics and pickups.. never go by the price or brand name, just try the guitars out acoustically and you'll know if its something worth working on or not.

I always liked the invader pup ,its a bit muddy but its that muddyness that makes it more useable with digital (fizzy fx) .

So it looks like im pretty committed into buying this sc207, i will try it out before hand, i will try to make it work with the stock pickups, ive done some reading online concerning basswood bodies and emgs, i'd say 90% of the people love it. So if im not happy with it, i can always swap them out in time.

But now theres an ESP LTD EC-1000 for 400$ which is also a great price. anybody know anything about the ec-1000 vs esp sc-207 ? i know the ec1000 has emg 81/60. They are 2 completely different guitars i know. But its 250$ vs 400$. But i know these guitars sell for much more.

Oh and this ec-1000 was supposedly set up by Nick Menza of megadeath, according to the ad that is. And this ec comes with an esp hardcase unlike the sc207.