Have any of you played the Orange PPC412HP cab with the G12K-100s?

Josh Burgess

Feb 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
I was just wondering if any of you guys have tried out the "high powered" version of the Orange 4x12 that has four G12K-100s instead of four V30s? I know they were made to match the thunderverb cab, but that's about all I know. I haven't really heard anyone talking about them... any of you guys tried them? I'm curious to know how those G12K-100s sound...

Jens Bogren used the Mode Four cab loaded with 'em for the tones on "Ghost Reveries" and "The Great Cold Distance"; when I get the cash, I'm gonna grab one to try out in my Recto cab!

i just bought a used diezel cab with g12k-100 but didn´t have the time to record it yet.
i just played my 5150 through it and it sounded really fat. the bass is pretty tight.
i´m not quite sure if i like the mids from those speakers but i will see when i record it.
all i can say now is that the mesa std. is much louder!

i just bought a used diezel cab with g12k-100 but didn´t have the time to record it yet.
i just played my 5150 through it and it sounded really fat. the bass is pretty tight.
i´m not quite sure if i like the mids from those speakers but i will see when i record it.
all i can say now is that the mesa std. is much louder!

Hmmm... yeah, it's probably those V30s (all those mids and the sharp highs) making the mesa sound louder.

Report back after you've spent some more time with the diezel cab. I'm really curious about the G12K-100s...