Have you ever bought CD just for cover art?

I must admit to having purchased many albums AS MUCH for the art as the music, but never for the art alone. For me, if an album is great that's great. If an album is great and has great artwork then it's fucking superb.

Still, if I hated 'Still Life' I am sure I would have bought the vinyl I own just for the artwork.

Yup.... I bought the album Fallout by Slumber... The album was cheap and I liked the cover...And it's a really good album

When I was young (almost 14 years old) I found a deteriorated The Number of the Beast vinyl, when I saw the cover I felt an instantly craving inside to buy the album, even when I didn't know NOTHING about the band (here in Chile at the time there was ZERO magazines, radio stations, TV shows, etc... who promotes metal music)

Two days after that I collect the money and went to the store and bought the LP, it was very cheap and had a lot of scratchs on it..... the rest was history..... 15 years of metal head about now....

That was the first and the last time that I bought an album by his cover... The rest of Maiden albums I also bought them without hearing them, but I ordered on a record store I also never saw the cover before I had them on my hands (Imagine my surprise when I receive Somewhere in time!!!!!!!)

Katatonia "Last Fair Deal Gone Down'. I bought a beautiful cover and I discovered beautiful music.

I often buy for cover art if I'm buying a few cds. I buy one that i'm certain I want, and then check out what's on sale, and if anything in there has cool cover art, I'll give it a go.

I could tell that I would like Novembre's Novembrine Waltz and Arcturus' The Sham Mirrors merely by looking at the cover work. With art work that good, you know the music quality is going to be top notch.

When I started listening to Metal 1990 the layout was a important thing for me. there were these amazing drawings by Dan Seagrave which at least made me listen to the album.

And respect to Travis, I really like your stuff, I'm a Katatonia and Anathema fan, that's the way I got into your stuff.
Keep up the good work!

Yes i bought few cds, i think cover gives an important first apperance on every album. if you like the album you like more because of the cover.
Just like The cover art of Sadus-Elements of Anger and Control Denied-The Fragile Art Of Existence effected me.I liked these albums much because the cover art that Travis made is amazing.

Arcturus Sideshow Symphonies, it's just great, the band photos, the space landscapes, the cd, in fact I made a wallpaper keeping the same style.

Here wallpaper

Salu2, awesome forum!:headbang: