I bought some more cds with Travs art.......

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Im a little bored at the moment and I didnt comment on the art for these cds, so you are going to get a little review from the most feared of all critics, me :)
(I figure any feedback is good feedback right?)

Jag Panzer - Mechanized Warfare: I really liked this one, its a lot more straightforward than your usual stuff, not abstract at all, the pictures were a lot more detailed than I first thought though, I didnt realise that until I sat down and looked through the booklet while I was listening. The back cover was just as good, freaky as hell and I liked the way they looked shilouetted against the sky. Quite a good cd musically as well :D

Dragonlord - Rapture: Every piece in this one was amazing, I have a hard time choosing the best, it all flows together really well, which was probably intentional, but still worth mentioning. Using the lizard skin texture in the pics was a stroke of genius :D
Music wise this is awesome, but I hate the black metal vocals (I hate pretty much all black metal vocals though, so dont feel bad Eric :D)

King Diamond - Abigail 2: The most atmospheric of them all (which suits the cd), the cover reminded me a little of the Demons And Wizards cover, which is good because thats one of my favourite covers :D
Back cover rules too, but I thought the lightning was a little indistinct, I think it would have looked better if it stood out more IMHO.
Didnt like the cd much because Kings voice really irritates the f**k out of me, but I knew it was an acquired taste going in. Really great storyline and atmosphere on the cd though.

Well, I didnt have much bad to say, but I call it like I see it :D

Im still trying to get a hold of the Japanese pressing of First Strike Still Deadly, that cover you did is phenomenal (I wish Slayer would wake up and let you do a cover!), I have the US one but want the extra 15 minutes of footage on the cd, the great cover doesnt hurt though either, did you do any interior stuff on that one?

Anyway, I think im done crapping on, im off to watch my new Nevermore bootleg (because they didnt tour here for the Dead Heart tour :( )

:D

Cool, thanks...i thought i was in for a severe lashing but i appreciate that.
i did the layout for first strike and there is one extra simple pic in it with a bird flying
over a wall, which me and eric stole from the over the wall video.

I think KD remins you of DW because theres a lantern over the grass and i used the same proceedure for the lighting.