Have you ever got stuck like that too ?

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
I mean, listening to a piece of music, a song, and not being able to stop listening to it again, again, and again and again ?

I know it will sound cheesy, but damn, I cannot stop the music from this page :

http://www.chaosrings.com/omega/en/index.html

I'm playing Chaosrings on the iphone (completely addictive RPG, despite the dungeon based story), was interessed by its prequel, found this page, and as cheesy as it sounds, the music is so damn well written, original, non repetitive. At first i was thinking (damn, another japanese cheesy melody) and it grew on me very very quickly, while I was discovering her singing abilities are tremendous (that high pitched notes are incredible). So I listened to it more actively, and writing something like that is complete songwriting virtuosity ! I think I have now passed something like 50 to 100 cycles, cause I have let it play again while reading about other RPGs on the iphone.

Music score composers are sometimes just incredible !

What has been your last addictive song/music ? I remember previous one was Supercrush! from Devin Townsend, or Am Kreuz from Amenra.

"bleed from within" or "bleed" from "within" ? :lol: Yeah it has happened a few times before as well. I remember back in the time, it happened with "Cloud Connected" from In Flames !

Oh yeah, this happens to me all the time. For me this is clearly by the positive feeling of the song or otherwise the song has been listened first time in a nice atmosphere and listening again brings this feeling back.

A quick glance to winamp most played reveals most of them. Bit strange list I might say :D These all have 50 to 90 plays in a short period of time

From the top.

1. Frank Zappa - Joes Garage (live from "You can't do this on stage anymore vol.3") Hilarious, I've got nothing else to say :D
2. Frank Zappa - St. Alfonsos Pancake Breakfast (studio version). That xylophone interlude after the first half is hypnotizing :loco:
3. Nuno Bettencourt - Spaceman. The laid back feeling kinda reminds me of being wasted. Nice.
4. Motley Crue - Primal Scream. I can relate to the lyrics. And on top of that a bit of energizing FU attitude.
5. Slash's Snakepit - Ain't life grand. Well it is, right :D. Pay all the bullshit, send me the receipts, I don't know where I'll be. Oh yeah, sounds familiar :)
6. Van Halen - Right Now. This is just a fucking great song! The chorus is really uplifting. You have a lot of troubles in your life but you can overcome them all. The solo is just amazing!
7. Earth, Wind and Fire - September. Hmm, what can I say :D. Instant good mood. Listen the awesome bass playing!
8. Korpiklaani - Vodka. Self explanatory.

The list changes periodically. Some songs don't last that long but theres always more songs that get stuck.

"bleed from within" or "bleed" from "within" ? :lol: Yeah it has happened a few times before as well. I remember back in the time, it happened with "Cloud Connected" from In Flames !

"Bleed From Within" haha the song is called "Last of Our Kind", same thing happened to me with cloud connected! It was the first In Flames song I heard and I just had it on repeat for days. Worst case I had though was when I heard Dream Theater for the first time, blew my mind and I had The Glass Prison playing over and over in my car for probably a month.

I sometimes put an album or 2 on repeat over night, and listen in my sleep.

Is it wrong to listen to metal in your sleep? HAHA!!

I accidentally played a single song once, on repeat, all night long....repeated the song instead of the album....didn't realize it till I woke up and was like "wait, I've been hearing this part every time I wake up during the wee hours of the morning....."

You sir, are young.

Child-3.jpg

Just happened to me with James Murphys "Touching the Earth"... Fantastic song!