Have you ever met any of the Sym X band members?

Have you ever met any of the Sym X band members?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Have met all of them except Romeo who hasn't seen fit to make his presence known at the shows I've gone too! Lepond has probably been the coolest of the bunch as I've spoken with him multiple times. He tends to sort of wander around at the shows I've been to.

The other guys have all been nice as well although Russell screwed me over the first time I met him haha. I was hanging around after a concert is St. Petersburg, FL and he was on his way out of the venue. I asked him if he had a minute for a picture and he said "yeah, I'll be right back". Needless to say he never did come back and I waited an embarrassingly long time too. I did meet him again in Charlotte, NC a few years later and go a picture with him so it's all good.

I have met everyone.

First time I met the band was at a bar show and I was under 21. The minute the concert ended, the owners kicked all of the underage people out of the bar. Unfortunately, it was January in IL and it was freezing cold. My parents went inside and asked Rullo to step outside briefly. He came out in shorts, gave both my brother and I a drumstick each, and spent five minutes in the snow taking pictures and chatting. It was amazing.

At a show many years later, I met Russell. He hung around outside with us (a group of about 4-5 people) and just shot the shit for literally almost two hours. He was immensely awesome and hilarious. At this same gig, one fan was being very annoying about the setlist and hounding the guys about not playing old stuff like "The Edge of Forever". Rullo was not pleased and told the guy that he didn't understand that you have to structure sets like a roller coaster and sometimes there's not room for a 10 minute epic, especially when you close with The Odyssey. Then he got annoyed and left to go eat dinner with his wife.

Lepond was harder to get ahold of, but he was very nice and friendly. Talked with him for about ten minutes about his favorite songs (he told the annoying guy that he'd love to try The Edge of Forever again), bass guitar gear, and touring.

Pinnella and Romeo I've only met in passing. Both were nice, but quiet. They took a couple pictures and then went to the bus. They seem like pretty private guys.

Have met all of them except Romeo who hasn't seen fit to make his presence known at the shows I've gone too! Lepond has probably been the coolest of the bunch as I've spoken with him multiple times. He tends to sort of wander around at the shows I've been to.

The other guys have all been nice as well although Russell screwed me over the first time I met him haha. I was hanging around after a concert is St. Petersburg, FL and he was on his way out of the venue. I asked him if he had a minute for a picture and he said "yeah, I'll be right back". Needless to say he never did come back and I waited an embarrassingly long time too. I did meet him again in Charlotte, NC a few years later and go a picture with him so it's all good.
Haha nice to hear all that man. Yeah the first thing I would want to do myself if I ever met a band member or any other celebrity - is to have a picture with him/her. You're one lucky guy.

Pinnella and Romeo I've only met in passing. Both were nice, but quiet. They took a couple pictures and then went to the bus. They seem like pretty private guys.
This I have noticed about Romeo on many occassions. I think he's one of these guys who kind of want to separate their music career and their personal life, so when they meet up with people they usually want it to be music related and dont really want to care/be too friendly with people they dont know well or people that they dont have any business with. I'm sure they dont mean to do this in a rude kind of way though, that's just who they are/prefer things in such a way.

Sometimes fans arent understanding enough towards this, and tend to look at it as a rude kind of thing, but that's simply not true. Musicians, and many that I know/have seen, generally want their music career and personal lives separated from each other, and that normally includes social things or people getting in their ways. They will sure agree for a pic, a hand shake or stuff like that, but they wont waste too much time doing those thing. Romeo is that kind of guy, I think. He just wants to play the music he loves, get on with his job in peace, and make sure that his music career and personal life remain separated from each other.

Anyways, that's my take on that at least.

I wonder if they're behaving like just normal people when you meet them, being so famous and big and all. But, maybe if you treat them normal then they behave normal, and if you treat them like they're special then they behave special. Like a boomerang kind of thing. I guess it makes sense to an extent, but I personally would find it funny to see my own fans getting all excited about meeting me "WOWOWOWOWOW its xxxx". I would probably just say, "kiddos chillax please" :) maybe that's how they are with their own fans too.

Those of you who met them, care to share about the experience and what it was like? How they reacted when they saw you? Etc. I'm getting tired of living in assumptions to be honest, I need to hear some facts for a change.

I wonder if they're behaving like just normal people when you meet them, being so famous and big and all. But, maybe if you treat them normal then they behave normal, and if you treat them like they're special then they behave special. Like a boomerang kind of thing. I guess it makes sense to an extent, but I personally would find it funny to see my own fans getting all excited about meeting me "WOWOWOWOWOW its xxxx". I would probably just say, "kiddos chillax please" :) maybe that's how they are with their own fans too.

Those of you who met them, care to share about the experience and what it was like? How they reacted when they saw you? Etc. I'm getting tired of living in assumptions to be honest, I need to hear some facts for a change.

Honestly, they are just a normal bunch of very cool guys, with extraordinary TALENT.

Romeo is very intelligent, and mellow in real life. He's a guy you would enjoy hanging out with and talking about all kinds of different subjects.
Romeo likes movies, so we had that in common right off the bat.

Pinella is a quiet family man. Or at least he used to be. I haven't seen him in years, sadly.

Russ is an alpha-male rockstar all the way. He seems to really love the lifestyle, and he has an appreciation for the classics, like Led Zepplin.
Russ can crack you up with some hilarious stories! He could probably be a comedian if he wanted to be.

LuPond is very down-to-earth. He is super nice, and always seems to have time for the fans. He is very generous with his time. He is always available for pictures, autographs, and chatting. He is a great guy to hang out with. He loves what he is doing, and it shows in his performances.

Rullo is a quiet guy. He mostly keeps to himself. He is not chatty, but he doesn't seem to mind hanging out and visiting. Rullo is also very intelligent. He likes outdoor activities, such as mountain biking and hiking.