Have you ever tried the "CC - Line 6 Purge amp model"?

whitedamp

Aug 28, 2006
Brazil
I was tweaking on Toneport and realized that the Purge model from the collector classics pack is damn good. I´ve never heard a Purge patch of someone of this forum, so I think you could try it out. :kickass:

Listen to the latest Clawfinger album "Life Will Kill You" (leaked a couple of weeks ago), or their last one "Hate Yourself With Style". It's the Purge through a Line 6 Cab with a Ribbon mic.

I like the sound of it. ;)

Listening now. It sounds cool, do you know if it is doubletracked or quadtracked? I thought that ribbon mics were too fragile to mic guitar cabs. I am really into the Purge model!

HYWS was doubletracked, LWKY quadtracked. I've heard that some Ribbons are fragile, but this chinese one is so cheap so we tested, and it worked.

Hahah, yeah but it's really simple: Use the Purge amp with the screamer stomp.

drive 0
tone max
volume max

then tweak the "amp" until you get it to respond like you want it to.

mic 57 off axis
cab line6 4x12

shitloads of eq and other stuff. Most of the sound is made after the PODxt, so the patches are quite useless i'm afraid. But:

a very narrow q on 5khz and 11khz with -5 to -12db.Those frequencies are the most apparent "bad-converter-nonlinear-processing-fizz". As soon as those two are removed, put a high shelf on it, and it sounds better already.