having a problem in Cubase!!

colonel kurtz

Sep 7, 2006
ok, i don't know what the deal is, but this has happened a couple times when i either slip and hit a wrong key, my cat jumps up on the desk, etc...basically all of the events on all of the tracks in the project window will be zoomed in to where it looks like all of the waveforms are clipping. i've gone through the manual and all the menus and can't find shit on how to change this...anyone know what i need to do?

i know it's going to be a simple answer, but i just can't seem to figure it out...i had this happen a week ago and hit some random wrong button and it fixed it, and now it's happened again and i NEED to fix this shit ASAP!

ALL I WANNA DO IS SEE THE WHOLE WAVEFORM DAMNIT!

Hmm, sounds like you might be accidentally zooming in vertically on the waveform within the region/item/whatever, I remember it drove me fucking bonkers when I used to use Cubase and would accidentally do it, so I feel your pain! (but can't offer any suggestions to remedy it, sadly :()

this.jpg

*facepalm*

somehow i never noticed that slider, lol

i knew it would be a retarded answer to my retarded query

i have no clue man

i've known the other 2 in the bottom right were there forever, but somehow managed to completely overlook the one in the upper corner :zombie:

the wave amplitude slider (top right) is one thing, But..

If you have a certain track selected and accidently hit "z" it will zoom that track huge and make all of the others very small.

just hit z again to restore all the tracks to a small line and then use the bottom right fader to make all the tracks larger together.

If you have a certain track selected and accidently hit "z" it will zoom that track huge and make all of the others very small.

just hit z again to restore all the tracks to a small line and then use the bottom right fader to make all the tracks larger together.

God that pisses me off when I accidentally do that. :puke:

I actually delete this key command - most fucking annoying thing in the world, especially since you always hit it on accident while trying to undo something and then you're looking at god knows what zoomed to balls and back!

As for Z... I have to say I have NEVER had that happen. I cannot recall a single time when I just hit Z and made something zoom all crazy. I will be unbinding that when I get home though...

As for Z... I have to say I have NEVER had that happen. I cannot recall a single time when I just hit Z and made something zoom all crazy. I will be unbinding that when I get home though...

yea never happened to me

and call me crazy, but i never use that slider when i'm doing edits...i just stretch the fuck out of the track vertically and use the horizontal zoom

On a completely unrelated note, how do you create those colour-coded region markers like in that picture, right above the first audio track (blue - purple - pink)? I've never found out how to do them, and I've gone through all marker track, markers, etc things, but they seem to be a completely different thing. Would be more handy than changing the colours of all the actual audio pieces (which get wiped out when you consolidate them).

On a completely unrelated note, how do you create those colour-coded region markers like in that picture, right above the first audio track (blue - purple - pink)? I've never found out how to do them, and I've gone through all marker track, markers, etc things, but they seem to be a completely different thing. Would be more handy than changing the colours of all the actual audio pieces (which get wiped out when you consolidate them).

project > add track > play order

May be called "Arranger" in C4 and up though. I don't use that - probably should!

Edit: It's definitely called Arranger in C4+.