Having issues embedding videos

blacktape

Mar 12, 2014
When I try to embed a youtube video using the [.youtube][./youtube] tag it provides the big play button but clicking it shows it at the bottom of my browser as saying 'downloading from youtube.com' while it just leave a big blank space. It doesn't even show the YouTube frame around where the video is, so I was wondering how to solve this issue? I tried to use the regular embed code and it didn't work. Thanks.

Sure...

The tags I use to post the link are the regular [.youtube][./youtube] ones (without the dots and slash of course)

So I post it as:

[.youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U1AKoDVLjo[./youtube]

For example, and it comes up like this:
-------------------------------------------------------------
2eatpaf.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

and then when I click the play button all it shows is this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
2psho9t.png

------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of embedding the video like it does for others.

So I'll post the video link here for you to try:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U1AKoDVLjo[/youtube]

I don't know if it would have anything to do with my flash player or my browser considering those shouldn't affect a forum post, but that's the issue I'm having. I've cleared my cookies, rebooted machine, and have had this issue on multiple posts, namely the ones where I use a link instead of the embed code. Hope this info is helpful. Thanks

The first link is pasting the entire URL as is.

The second one is using the [.youtube] BBcode and only using the video ID ( 9U1AKoDVLjo ).

I think you might have something wacky going on on your end man. Those images that are showing for you are from a weird URL.

I used TinyPic for the URL so it shouldn't come from anything weird.

I clicked both of those and both show up.

Did clicking the third image (which was me posting the video) show up for you at all? I don't see what would be causing it on my end. Weird.