Hay guys! Made a song & would appreciate some thoughts song/mix wise :)

i like a bit of weird honky midrange here and there myself, but X30 just has this mega stuffy midrange that i cant quite put into words. i like it but theres so few instances where ive found a use for it, quite a touchy one. i used it when i mixed ola's second track that he put up and it sounded fucking awesome.

Thanks guys for yet another set of comments, tips & suggestions! :)

Just found out that LePou released yet another new ampsim (LeXtac), so I applied this new
ampsim on this song and rendered a clip after messing with it some 3 mins. I'm sure it will
sound even better putting some time tweaking it more.

I used the same Ryan's IR and put a TSS in front of it too. Thanks alot LePou, you're the man!!! :headbang:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1147572/Tokyurot - LeXtac Test v1.mp3

wow man your song is fucking insane, amazing sound from that new Amp sim. were i can find more of your music and the full song?

Thanks again, I also agree that LeXtac fits better at least in this song, although now I think the clip
is perhaps abit too dry/middy, but I'll dig deeper into it and try different IRs on the next song because I felt
with the quick test that LeXtac + Ryan IR sounded just abit dark, nothing that can't be fixed though.

@ marco, I'm glad you like this. The full song (without vox) is in the first link of this thread,
the guitars are still TSE X30 in that link, and a short test with Lextac is in the second link.

I haven't uploaded samples/songs elsewhere than here. Only few clips this far since I'm still relatively new here,
but I'll be posting more here because I really value this forum, which has alot of talents with differing opinions :)

Thanks LePou & Onqel, means alot to me!

I'm a big fan of your work as well, and I can't say I've heard a single sample from the commercial ampsims
(except POD for djent) that would've come even close to the quality of what you have managed to accomplish this far!

Of course the sims are in another league from the real amps, but I'm still amazed how a plugin can sound
so much better than many hardware FX-pedals. That's why I sold my Zoom G9.2tt too.

OFF-TOPIC:

I've heard often that people have wondered whether there will ever be a HM-2 sim..
AFAIK no-one haven't replicated it yet, but I think you could actually pull that off.

I think in a HM-2 sim, on/off button is all it needs, with the 'on button' simulating the settings as
all the knobs were maxed out. Haven't found use with other settings yet. I can send samples of the pedal
if either of you were ever to try and make one, cheers! :kickass:

Awesome song and riffing dude, great mix too! (although I agree with Nuno's comments about the snare and kick) The guitars are a touch muddy and dark to me (though not overly muffled), which are kind of the staples of the EMG85 IME (drop A certainly not helping matters, but man is it heavy :headbang: ), but I'd imagine with some slightly different tweaking you could tame the mud a bit (should you desire to of course :D) Cool ambient-type thing going on during the sorta breakdown part also, overall really badass stuff man :headbang:

Thanks for listening Marcus :)

I agree with the LeXtac-clip coming out too middy, but you know how the ears are in the morning right after waking up :loco:

I'm glad I posted this song here because the next song I'll be recording is heavier and it needs all around clearer
and sharper guitars than this song, so I'll definitely put the tips I've got from here in use, and will most likely be using
some crispier IR, unless I'll finally mic the Vypyr to see if it's any good.