HC memories.

Tide In Mind Out

ct_thrash
Mar 5, 2002
Aside from the musical performances themselves. Post 'em!

Part I:
- Tumbling down a snowy mountainside on the outskirts of Minnehaha Park, at night.
- "Oh you got some Copenhagen?" (Jerry's response to a crazy city bus bum who felt it necessary to tell us that he possessed some Wacky Tobacky.") :lol:
- White Castle.
- Mike puking and getting thrown out of HC, after which Jerry and I disguised him to get him back in, which worked, but not for long :lol: :lol:
- My tongue and Samantha's tongue!
- Applebees, Applebees, Applebees, Applebees, and when a large number of us stormed Applebees after the gig, much to the dismay of the employees, I'm sure.
- Applebees.
- Petting sharks at the Mall of America aquarium, aww.

Of course, Jerry, Mike, & myself were not staying in the official HC hotel that year so we missed out on all those shenans.

Part II (in no particular order):
- Group phone call to LRD.
- Sears.
- Bal-Sagoth at Sears.
- Mike Scalzi drunk in the Bal-Sagoth pit :lol:
- Sloppy Joes :erk:
- Cherry stout :erk::erk: (Jerry: "It's like maple syrup! *chug*")
- The bar in general.
- A less thrilling visit to the Mall of America.

And that's about it for that one, since Derick and I slept through the night-time partying :p

HC1:

- Drunken Wrestling
- Room with a Balcony, so beer was ice cold
- Kimmy from Thyrfing...gotta love that guy
- Allan from Primordial smashing a bottle of Jim Bean in my buddies' room.
- 3 drunken nights
- "Hail Satan"
- The 3rd floor

HC2:

- "Look at the tub!!"
- Drunken sing-a-long Sunday night after 2 quarts of vodka
- Philosophy 101 with Slough Feg
- Rumple Mintz!!!
- the 7th floor

Many more :p

HC 1:

- Hearing so many rave reviews about the local brew pub, only to realize as a group that the best thing about it were the spicy waffle fries.

- "He's really quite yellow isn't he? I wonder if he eats babies?"

- Missing out on hanging out with Nemtheanga, who sat right outside my hotel room door for hours without either myself or roomate General Zod's knowledge. When we asked our traveling companions the next day why they didn't wake us up, the response was something akin to "yeah, I guess we should've". General Zod then responded, "That's it, I'm not speaking to you until 3:48 this afternoon!

- Perkins' surprisingly awesome breakfast more than making up for said brew pub disappointment.

- The courageous and inspired performance by November's Doom who just barely made it to the festival after driving up from a snowstorm in Chicago and basically having enough time to arrive, plug in and slay the audience.

- Cara's and Samatha's tongues!

- Thyrfing hitting the stage while we all had the perfect buzz going with the perfect set at the perfect time with the perfect amount of Heathenic Mayhem. Zod enjoyed the set so much that it prompted him to say "That's it, I'm buying every Thyrfing album ever!!" which was later misquoted (rather hilariously) by Markgugs as "That's it, I'm buying every album ever!!"

- Getting hit by Thryfing's prop blood in the absolute perfect spot on my HC 1 shirt (right where the dude's sword is coming down on the slain body below). The odds of such a perfect splash had to be astronomically low.

- The infamous Mike incident. You gotta love the spirit of someone who's head is buried on the table but still raising the horns high. RC'ers have had to overcome so much. :loco:

- The origin of the "Nemtheanga" post. But not before witnessing the single most emotional performance of my life by said Nemtheanga during "The Coffin Ships". Feeling drunk, energetic and on an emotional high could not prevent me from being moved to tears by that incredible performance. Let's keep this simple - Primordial rules.

- Having the honor of storing Mike and Jerry's festival merch (and others?)Having the honor of meeting so many cool folks that existed only in cyberspace prior to the event.

- Moonsorrow capping off the event in grand fashion - there are few bands that I could've kept the energy going for at the time. They were one of them.

- Being the designated driver and having to try to keep both the rowdiness in the car down and the windows closed while passing about 10 different state troopers on the way to Applebee's.

- The huge sigh of relief let out after getting everyone back to the hotel safe and being able to join the party again.

- Relaxing with Paul from November's Doom with a small group of friends which slowly built up to about 27 people complete with female pagan bed wrestling and asthma from not being able to stop laughing all night long.

- "It was the greatest time we can never remember".

HC2:

- Going from 90 degree to single digit temps within the span of a few hours. Perfect bleak Scandanavian atmosphere from the word go.

- Witnessing the promoters frantically scrambling to personally shuttle the late arriving bands from the airport to the hotel. That kind of dedication was appreciated even more than they knew. :kickass:

- The intimate nature of the pre-show gathering. There's a time and place for all out partying, but sitting around with few friends sharing music, drinks and laughs can be every bit as engaging and really set the tone for another great weekend.

- The Manegarm violinist incident.

- Being incredibly surprised at not only the quality of Sloug Feg's set, but also by how well they fit in and were received by the HC crowd.

- Bell's Winter White Ale!!

- The ownage of Mael Mordha/Gwynbleidd/Slough Feg/Vried/Rudra/Dark Forest/Manetheren and discovering more bands than I thought possible at one festival.

- Jerry living up to the RC HC annual puking standard.

- Getting to meet Neil (skyrefuge) whose posting style (and content) I've admired for years. His sarcasm is so sharp it cuts right through the minds of the majority of mere mortals. "Neil has no friends, only tolerance of inferiority."

- Being informed I was lost, only to inform everyone that everyone *but* me was lost.

- "FRANK, FRANK, FRANK, FRANK!!!!" This primitive, yet so undeniably satisfying display was milked for all it was worth. It reminded me of the painting of Kramer in that episode of Seinfeld..... "A sexually-depraved miscrient, who is seeking to gratify only his basic and most immediate urges...he is a loathsome, offensive brute.....yet i can't look away "

- Jerry passing out in the running, locked car while Mike and I begged and pleaded with him to get out and take the shuttle with us in sub-zero temperatures. It was a frustrating, yet somehow exhilarating experience.

- "What's wrong??"

"My fucking drummer keeps pouring beer all over me and getting it in my eyes!!"

"Well look at it this way, at least it wasn't tabasco."

"I hate you."

- Having a near death experience on the way to the Viking museum while witnessing Jerry's definition of race relations with the Reverend Wright of the Minneapolis equivalent of South Central Los Angeles.

To name a few. :loco:

Jason

HC1:

- Drunken Wrestling
- Room with a Balcony, so beer was ice cold
- Kimmy from Thyrfing...gotta love that guy
- Allan from Primordial smashing a bottle of Jim Bean in my buddies' room.
- 3 drunken nights
- "Hail Satan"
- The 3rd floor

HC2:

- "Look at the tub!!"
- Drunken sing-a-long Sunday night after 2 quarts of vodka
- Philosophy 101 with Slough Feg
- Rumple Mintz!!!
- the 7th floor

Many more :p

Dmax, I gotta agree with you..on the drunken wrestling..its a shame i didnt witness it in person, but the sound of heads smacking the headboard still echo in my ears. Kimmy, the 3rd floor, comendering the hotel luggage cart for all of our alcohol, god HC 1 was awesome. I'm just I got a room with the balcony. I swear when I called to make the reservation, there was a brief moment of silence when I asked for one with a balcony. Then again it was the middle of January.....

HC1: Raccoon carcass that resembled a troll buried in snow.
Listening to Light of Day, Day of Darkness on Cara's shitty portable stereo which she claimed was top of the line
Mike travels 2,000 miles only to miss Thyrfing, Primordial, Moonsorrow
Hard Rock Cafe upon arrival
White Castle Carnage
Multiple trips to mall of America

HC2:
Ben and I show up to a hot brunette's room and she answers wearing nothing but a bra. We respond with a phallic salute.

Brandon and I duck out of Skyforger's set to go make a beer run, but come up short. Brandon blames the Christians.

Jaykeeley becomes the 5th member of Rudra

The ditsy shuttle driver that took the attendees on a 2 hour tour of MSP at 2am.

Mike Scalzi strikes out with Helvetekrieg (to his credit, at least he tried.)

Jason's ability to drink 10 beers without having to take a piss.

A nice outing at the MSP zoo.
Mike and Andy Dick almost come to blows.

Mael Mordha tearing the roof off the joint.

I run out of cash and leave the venue for 15 minutes in a frantic search for an atm machine, wearing nothing but a skimpy longsleeve in 10 degree weather.

MSP authorities arrive to the hotel to shut down the after party.
Experiencing the awesomeness of Jason and Ali. These two chaps are as classy as they come. Respect!

Me: Do you hate nig****?
Lead singer of Manetheren: :Fuck yea I hate nig****

Cara hangs out near the bar the entire night until Bal Sagoth hits the stage. It's at this time that she rushes to the fore. To her delight everybody leaves the venue early. Worst HC act to date!

Night one, I leave the hotel to make a beer run at a local St. Paul liquor store. Upon entry I'm surrounded by Somalian pirateers.

The lead singer of Earthen's hot pocket fupa. Hey I dug it, what can I say?!?

Our quiet trip to the Scandinavian museum.

Brandon grows somber when Mike turned away his advances to urinate with him. They reconcile later on in the evening with a piss to remember.

Ben and I go recruit Rudra from their quarters for a night of Singapore beer swilling. These lads are without a doubt the friendliest metal band on the planet. Support!

After coercing Mael Mordha to indulge in sloppy joes, the lead singer approaches me 10 minutes later and says, "My God mate, that was actually really good."

I'm sure that there was many other memories of note that I fail to remember. HC1 was a little lacking, as we didn't stay at the official hotel. Which reminds me that I must make reservations tomorrow. :erk:

HC1: Raccoon carcass that resembled a troll buried in snow.
Listening to Light of Day, Day of Darkness on Cara's shitty portable stereo which she claimed was top of the line
Mike travels 2,000 miles only to miss Thyrfing, Primordial, Moonsorrow
Hard Rock Cafe upon arrival
White Castle Carnage
Multiple trips to mall of America

HC2:
Ben and I show up to a hot brunette's room and she answers wearing nothing but a bra. We respond with a phallic salute.

Brandon and I duck out of Skyforger's set to go make a beer run, but come up short. Brandon blames the Christians.

Jaykeeley becomes the 5th member of Rudra

The ditsy shuttle driver that took the attendees on a 2 hour tour of MSP at 2am.

Mike Scalzi strikes out with Helvetekrieg (to his credit, at least he tried.)

Jason's ability to drink 10 beers without having to take a piss.

A nice outing at the MSP zoo.
Mike and Andy Dick almost come to blows.

Mael Mordha tearing the roof off the joint.

I run out of cash and leave the venue for 15 minutes in a frantic search for an atm machine, wearing nothing but a skimpy longsleeve in 10 degree weather.

MSP authorities arrive to the hotel to shut down the after party.
Experiencing the awesomeness of Jason and Ali. These two chaps are as classy as they come. Respect!

Me: Do you hate nig****?
Lead singer of Manetheren: :Fuck yea I hate nig****

Cara hangs out near the bar the entire night until Bal Sagoth hits the stage. It's at this time that she rushes to the fore. To her delight everybody leaves the venue early. Worst HC act to date!

Night one, I leave the hotel to make a beer run at a local St. Paul liquor store. Upon entry I'm surrounded by Somalian pirateers.

Our quiet trip to the Scandinavian museum.

Brandon grows somber when Mike turned away his advances to urinate with him. They reconcile later on in the evening with a piss to remember.

Ben and I go recruit Rudra from their quarters for a night of Singapore beer swilling. These lads are without a doubt the friendliest metal band on the planet. Support!

After coercing Mael Mordha to indulge in sloppy joes, the lead singer approaches me 10 minutes later and says, "My God mate, that was actually really good."

I'm sure that there was many other memories of note that I fail to remember. HC1 was a little lacking, as we didn't stay at the official hotel. Which reminds me that I must make reservations tomorrow. :erk:
You and I went to the sexy bra-ed wench's place!
You and I went to find RUDRA!

Oh shit! I forgot.

I remember when Morrigan was on the bill for HCIII, until they fagged out.

She is no longer in the band. Some guy wearing a puffy shirt (ala, Obtest) is the new singer.

SLOPPY JOES!!!:kickass: