HCD vs. FTR

Firefest9

Hypocrisy rules!!!!!
Jan 18, 2002
Las Cruces, NM
Visit site
Im shure this has been brougt up before in this forum, but im kinda new here. I have been a bodom fan since the release of something wild back in 98. My fav album from them is Follow the Reaper (many fond memories linked to that cd and college).

I think it was a much better album than Hate crew Deathroll. That album was 50/50 to me. some of the songs are just lame IMO (lil bloodred ridinghood) and some of the songs just didn't do it for me (sixpounder, hate crew deathroll).

I think the track "knuckleduster" kicks some serious ass and It sounds much like the material from FTR IMO.

What album do YOU think is better?

Fukin Hatebreeder... A Classic from the time it was conceived...
Oh and to the topic I'd say depending on my mood which one just feels better that day.

My favorite Bodom album is Hatebreeder (and Tokyo Warhearts), but I like Follow the Reaper much better than Hate Crew Deathroll, even though HCDR is a great album!

In my opinion Follow The Reaper is Bodom's most shitty album. There's some good riffs and even catchy melodies, but that's it. (and of course the solos :p )
Hate Crew Deathroll is Bodom's greatest album!!
In 1999 I bought my first Bodom album, Hatebreeder. And that was my favorite album for a long time, but then HCDR came.

I'm going to go with HCDR. The sound of FTR is too trebley whereas I think HCDR is the best sounding album so far. Also I enjoy listening to the songs from HCDR a lot more.

TowardsDeadEnd said:
I'm going to go with HCDR. The sound of FTR is too trebley whereas I think HCDR is the best sounding album so far. Also I enjoy listening to the songs from HCDR a lot more.
That's pretty correct, dude!
But those guitar sounds that are on FTR, are almost the same as in Stone: No Anaesthesia! album. But Stone don't have that "way too trebley" sound.