HDR 2004 January News

oldlyonfreak

Jun 12, 2002
So here we are folks, as Devy is at home for a couple of months we should get regular updates from manland . I still work on the new HDR website and on the HDR official forum, but for now I still think about new layouts as my recent works inspired me a lot...

Here are the news from manland

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HDR NEWS
January 2004
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let's begin this new year by somewords from Dev himself : [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] will release two website only records in late Febuary (the albums go to the layout place Jan 13th). These records are fun and not meant to be taken very seriously. 'Fan-only' records, but both of them are excellent and at least 72 minute long. I did the art and layout as well...(Haha!!!) [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One is 'Ass-sordid II' with all the old demos from my early bands Noisescapes and Grey Skies as well as a whole whack of lost songs from the early days. A full 72 minute CD worth! [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The second album is called 'Devlab', and in a explosion I assembled together all my year long laptop workings when I got home from the Symphony X tour. I wanted to make a completely fucked record that compliments schitzophrenia or Flu symptoms...
Honestly, some people will absolutely HATE it, so I don't recommend it to everyone. Just people who want to hear what a Devin Townsend 72 minute long ambient record would be like. (and even them I strongly caution)
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That being said, I LOVE it, but just so I don't kill my career, I'll only make it available through the site. There's a bit of writing in the booklets as well. Just descriptions and ramblimgs. Lots of pretentious shit...either you like it or you don't... If not, buy Meshuggah, Opeth, Dimmu, and Ween instead. They fucking RULE!"[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] will release two website only records in late February [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These records are fun and not meant to be taken very seriously. 'Fan-only' records, but both of them are excellent and at least 72 minute long. I did the art and layout as well...(Haha!!!) [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'Devlab', . I wanted to make a completely fucked record that compliments schitzophrenia or Flu symptoms...
Honestly, some people will absolutely HATE it, so I don't recommend it to everyone. 72 minute long ambient record would be like. (
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That being said, I LOVE it, but just so I don't kill my career, I'll only make it available through the site.[/font]
very interesting!
I hope it doesn´t sound a lot like EKO I liked the first song on that but then it got pretty tedious
will there be some singing on devlab or is it strictly instrumental?
it's understandable that he is not releasing a weird projekt officially
and who are Ween?!
[/font]