Head takers first demo ! Mixed by myself ! *FREE DEMO and RAW FILES*

Dec 13, 2011
France
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone !

finally i've finished mixing and (home)mastering my band's first Demo !

I'm quite happy with the result considering the fact that i didn't know a thing about mixing/mastering 3 months ago.

Thought the drums are midi because we couldn't afford to buy all the mics unfortunately...

Please be honest with the mixing and if you like it, you can download it for FREE here : http://headtakers.bandcamp.com/album/beyond-the-shades

and here's our facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/HeadTakers

Can't say how much fun it was to learn so much stuff in the past months just by reading this forum !

And i'd like to thank all of you !
So if some are interested in getting the raw files of the WHOLE demo (i know you are fund of these :D) i'll post a link here !

THE RAW FILES ! : http://minus.com/mbf7EmPjzt/

Thanks again and i hope you'll enjoy it :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha well I was born too late so i missed out on a lot of metal bands that influenced all the today metal bands.
I just listened to the exorcist, i like it ! Even though the sound is how i expected it to be ;)
And btw thanks man ! I hope others will be interested in the raw files

i know it's not profoundly "our" music because as it is our very first work, it's mainly our influences coming out. We're still trying to find our direction, we want to innovate, bring something new so that we'd be recognized for that. I don't know if i'm making any sense here oh well :kickass:

Why Pulp fiction ? :D

i know it's not profoundly "our" music because as it is our very first work, it's mainly our influences coming out. We're still trying to find our direction, we want to innovate, bring something new so that we'd be recognized for that. I don't know if i'm making any sense here oh well :kickass:

You didn't get the reference in that last post I did? :OMG:
But seriously, raw files, posthaste.

Not bad at all for such a short learning curve! I enjoy the song as well, some cool parts in there.

The thing that's bothering me the most after a short listen on headphones are the drums. It sounds like you boosted a lot of high's on almost every aspect of the drumkit. Especially on the kick and cymbals, it's hurting my ears a little. And sounds very artificial this way.

Definitely would give this a shot though! Sounds like fun to me :)

Not bad at all for such a short learning curve! I enjoy the song as well, some cool parts in there.

The thing that's bothering me the most after a short listen on headphones are the drums. It sounds like you boosted a lot of high's on almost every aspect of the drumkit. Especially on the kick and cymbals, it's hurting my ears a little. And sounds very artificial this way.

Definitely would give this a shot though! Sounds like fun to me :)

yeah i'm actually doing some minor corrections, kick and there's too much compression. But i think there's no way to make it sound less artificial :(

Call me an uncultured bastard but i haven't seen that film yet :D

Sounds nice man!
Would love to get my grubby little fingers on those raws, too!

Well, i guess i am the first one with a little remix ;) i redid 'Time To Fall'

Some tracks weren't lining up right from the start (especially solo's) when i listened to the reference track. And there is no gain whatsoever on the vocal tracks, but it came out decent enough.

Still needs a little bit of work, but my ears are a bit tired now. The second solo needs to come up. And maybe some vocal automation here and there.

last update from the band :

And a corrected mix of time to fall (first video wasn't the same mix)

@ShallowEulogy: nice very nice, i like the intr0,o much better than my one, the drums feel more natural than my one and vocals bit too dry IMO. First solo starts off to early but it's actually okay where it is. the second is a bit late.
Other than that it's great to finally listen to someone else's version of your own song :)

can anyone up RAW files into the mediafire or something for easy download?
I can not download the RAW files from the link