Headbanger's Ball "I'm kind of shocked!"

what would be shocking is if the good music actually started getting equal exposure as the (in my personal opinion) crappy music.

then we could be shocked

Today I was shocked!! The majority of tonights HBB programming was actually watchable and enjoyable. I only found myself changing the channel one time. The whole show other than that one tune was actually pretty good. I don't know if it was because they had some sort of tribute thing going in honor of Dimebag Darrell, so they decided to play a little more good music and a little less crap. Here's the setlist for tonights show.....

Pantera - 'Cemetary Gates'
Kamelot - 'Ghost Opera'
Anthrax - 'Caught in a Mosh'
Zakk Wild - 'In this River' (Live)
Alice in Chains - 'Sea of Sorrow'
............SX "Paradise Lost" Promo Vid.
Trivium - 'The Rising'
Damage Plan - 'Explode'
Ozzy - 'I Don't Wanna Stop'
Machine Head - 'Aestetics of Hate'
Black Sabbath (w/Dio) - 'Neon Knights'
..........SX Promo Again :kickass:
Diecast - 'Fade Away'
..........Some Crap :zombie: I had to change the channel. They were called like Death before Dishoner or something similar.
Alabama Thunderpussy - 'Words of a dying Man'
Amon Amarth - 'Cry of the Blackbirds'
Gojira - 'To Sirius'

Anyways, they started off on such a roll that i thought i would write them down and report. It's much improved. I will watch again next week now. Here's to them continuing to surprise me and actually having a descent METAL show on actual TV. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

They repeat it Tuesday morning, I think it starts at 4am if you
want to record it. I missed that Kamelot, the Symphony X promo
was awesome, hope that means there is a video coming up...

still waiting for that list of great metal to come. I have a DVR and do a series record for Headbangers Ball. I usually get through it in Fast Forward in 10 minutes. They promo all sorts of stuff they wouldnt play on the show itself. Basically all the larger metal labels buy airtime for new disc. They have been pulling out some odd stuff as of late but nothing to go crazy over.

The labels also buy airtime for their (new) videos.

After my Adelphia cable service was bought out by Comcast, they've switched MTV2 to some 'premium' level of service that I don't want to pay for. I shrugged and didn't care, since HBB had started to really suck again the last weeks I had access to it......but this show does sound pretty cool.