Headbangers Ball on MTV2 (is it me, am I old, or do most of the videos shown suck?)

Boys are stupid, throw rocks at ... you.

I think I've outlined the plot of any scrEMOmetalcore video ever made.

-Attractive woman wakes up in her bed.
-Band shot, with lots of wimpy headbanging and many, many shots of the veins bulging out of the singer's neck
-Attractive woman gets out of her bed, looking scared.
-Band shot.
-Attractive woman walks around, looking scared.
-Possible creepy stalker-guy interlude.
-Band shot-guitar solo.
-Attractive woman stops and picks up a glass heart or gets splattered with blood.
-Breakdown, with the accoustic guitar/incredibly emo lyrics about the singer's broken, splintered heart.
-Woman comes to a white room covered in blood/creepy stalker guy/evil twin in a bathtub.
-Band shot.
-Woman dead/about to die.
-Band shot, where the stop playing and walk off the set, making sure that it's obvious how much they :rofl:ON'TXFUCKINGXCARE!!!x

Zanex, it's not just you. I dislike Headbanger's Ball, because you have to wait through a bunch of metalcore, nu-metal, and melodeath bands now doing nu-metal to see a good thrash video. Plus I haven't seen a good melodeath video on there since I saw the video for Arch Enemy's "We Will Rise" a while back.

At least they play Nevermore videos once in a while though. :)

Fuse's Uranium is practically a HBB clone, except they have Juliya, who is extremely annoying and is a poseur, because at one point, she was praising bands like N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, etc., much like Carson Daly used to do.

VH1 Classic's Metal Mania is the only heavy metal video show I even bother watching.

what was so great about the old headbangers ball anyway? wasnt it also just a bunch of gay hair metal videos with a few cool ones thrown in ocasionaly?

I think to invent a genre you have to become big enough. So you ask WD nicely if he would mind changing all the lyrics on the next cd to be about pirates and use "arrr".

neal said:
what was so great about the old headbangers ball anyway? wasnt it also just a bunch of gay hair metal videos with a few cool ones thrown in ocasionaly?

I think a lot of people are confusing goodness with nostalgia, especially nostaligia for something that most of the modern HBB viewers haven't seen themselves.

"Do you remember when Headbanger's Ball didn't suck?"

"Well... uh... not really..."

"Shit... well, pretend you do so we can make these young bastards jealous about something they missed out on!"

"Yeah! Back in my day, Headbanger's Ball was great! It lasted three times as long, and there were no adverts! And they had real metal videos, in which there was always either full female frontal nudity, or lots of violence! But the most important part of it was the music, and it was heavy. Mind you, that doesn't mean I wasn't equally fond of the violence, or the full female frontal nudity."

The headbanger's ball was, for the most part, lame commercial shit. But I got to see videos by Entombed, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Helloween, Cathedral, Fight, and Death on the short-lived Into the Pit segment. It really wasn't that great, but still about ten percent better than the current incarnation.

Does anyone really care about music videos anyway? I don't think it's hard to notice that 95% of metal videos suck, even for the great bands. The only entertaining ones are black metal videos, because they include woods, weapons, and women.

cradle of filth videos are usually decent. they do the whole boobs/cheesy gore thing sometimes. and the video for kmfdm - a drug against war is one of the sickest videos ive ever seen as well, animated by the same dude that does their artwork...but yeh, most metal videos are the band playing in a warehouse or something. woohoo.

Rhapsody's under a rain of a thousand flames video kicks ass. It doesnt really make sense, but oh well. Anybody seen it. The sword whipping and the naked dancing S&M chick and the horrible green screen fireball effects with the cutout bad background of the castle.

Or Hammerfall Hearts of Fire. Oh god zombie like skeletons that never get to the band while they are playing on top of a large hill will horrible computer animated trees. Their video for ALWAYS WILL BE was good, with the vampires and all.

Cradle Of Filths video for From the Cradle to the grave was good, with the midgets and amputees and naked clit pierced chicks.